Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yeaaaa I'm one of those insecure people who's just about to post vocaroo links of themselves attempting to sing because I'm like that

http://vocaroo.com/i/s05xoq5sCnU0
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s19DofpYO9LU

Also I've never really 'sung' in public before and I know I've messed up at least a dozen times so yeah, just warning you

Can this thread be kept in Everyday Issues btw? I really want to stay Anon :/

Am I really that bad?
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Am I really that bad?
    Your voice is great for karaoke.

Take some singing lessons if you're that passionate, that's what I did. It's really fun and you learn a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Yas b1tch SLAY

ReputationRep:
    You're actually really good
    I sing, if you love it then stick with it

(Original post by EC)

Take some singing lessons if you're that passionate, that's what I did. It's really fun and you learn a lot.
    Hi, thank you for the response! I've been considering singing lessons except there's also a part of me that's very self-conscious when singing in front of actual people Is there any other way I could improve?

Also sorry about the microphone quality, the laptop microphone was the only one I could use

(Original post by A-LJLB)
    You're actually really good
    I sing, if you love it then stick with it
    Thank you!

I do love singing, but I don't exactly see myself having a career with it or even taking it further even though a part of me wants to :/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

I do love singing, but I don't exactly see myself having a career with it or even taking it further even though a part of me wants to :/
    You don't have to have a career in it, I'm not, but if it's something you love then just continue doing it
    • Political Ambassador

Hi, thank you for the response! I've been considering singing lessons except there's also a part of me that's very self-conscious when singing in front of actual people Is there any other way I could improve?

Also sorry about the microphone quality, the laptop microphone was the only one I could use
    You could learn by yourself how to improve your singing technique and your voice. But you don't have to be ashamed, seriously.

I'm sure people would appreciate your voice.

(Original post by A-LJLB)
    You don't have to have a career in it, I'm not, but if it's something you love then just continue doing it
    Fair enough, and I guess I could Would I be able to join choirs at uni or something?

WOW....that is rly good!
      while i sound like a dying pig

(Original post by EC)
      You could learn by yourself how to improve your singing technique and your voice. But you don't have to be ashamed, seriously.

I'm sure people would appreciate your voice.
      Lol I can't help it because I just am that insecure in general

Can you recommend any exercises I can do or anything?

(Original post by tamil fever)
      WOW....that is rly good!
      while i sound like a dying pig
      Thanks

Lmao I'm sure you don't
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Singing is one of those things that improves with practice. Literally anyone can become a good singer with dedication.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      You sound pretty good.

I just played back myself, the result was definitely not good. ****ing lisp.

ReputationRep:
      Fair enough, and I guess I could Would I be able to join choirs at uni or something?
      Of course you could!

(Original post by cbreef)
      Singing is one of those things that improves with practice. Literally anyone can become a good singer with dedication.
      Anyone might be able to become a good singer, yes, but what about a great singer?

I just wish I was naturally really good at singing so that maybe with practise I could have been able to maybe perform somewhere or something idk
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EC)

That is such an insult :rofl:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
      You sound pretty good.

I just played back myself, the result was definitely not good. ****ing lisp.
      Thanks, any suggestions for improvement?

One of my friends has a lisp...

Also I made another recording if it helps at all

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0dQtviicngx

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.