Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Ill be heading off to University in Manchester in September. I will need to find a church to go to. Does anybody go to a church that they would recommend. The denomination doesn't matter im very open minded. My Mum is Catholic and my Dad is Mormon, i go to a Catholic college.

Cheers!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The uni will have a chaplain/religious advise service which should be able to advise you. They can be found through the uni website so get in touch with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancitygirlx)
    Hi guys,

Ill be heading off to University in Manchester in September. I will need to find a church to go to. Does anybody go to a church that they would recommend. The denomination doesn't matter im very open minded. My Mum is Catholic and my Dad is Mormon, i go to a Catholic college.

Cheers!
    I would suggest joining these guys when you go to uni http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/g...hristian-union

I didn't go to Manchester nor am I Christian, but at my uni I often saw postings by the CU with details of various church services and offering to meet people on campus so people could go together. So worth checking out if if Manchester does similiar.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

This is a great website where you can find local churches at your university https://www.studentlinkup.org/. Hope it helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.