Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an undergraduate, i have recently just been given a conditional offer, I tried applying for accommodation through the application form uom provides on their website, but i don't really know if that is for current students.

I do not have a student ID number, so i don't even know i can register. I just thought manchester would offer us some more info on our next steps? what do we do with accommodation if we are new students?

ReputationRep:
    Have you firmed Manchester ? You'll not be given any info about accommodation until you do. [ I don't think so, anyway].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Have you firmed Manchester ? You'll not be given any info about accommodation until you do. [ I don't think so, anyway].
    i am still waiting to hear back from one of my choices (my insurance) so idk, it is asking me for uni id number to register so i can apply for the accommodation but i have not been given one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennim)
    i am still waiting to hear back from one of my choices (my insurance) so idk, it is asking me for uni id number to register so i can apply for the accommodation but i have not been given one
    My son's ID number was on an email he received.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    My son's ID number was on an email he received.
    I haven't firmed them yet so i have no emails from them with the id number so far

ReputationRep:
    I haven't firmed them yet so i have no emails from them with the id number so far
    Well that's weird. My son has only received the conditional offer from Man Met. He is still waiting to hear from the other four unis. He said he received an email from Man Met saying Congratulations you have been offered a Conditional place into Year Two etc. The same message appears on UCAS. It is on the email that the ID number appears, although I haven't seen it myself.

ReputationRep:
    you do not need to firm them to apply for accommodation. I've applied for accommodation already, but am still waiting for 2 more universities to get back to me. You just need to have an email from UoM telling you that you have an offer, whether it is conditional or unconditional, you can apply. the email should have your UoM id, if it does not, email them. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.