Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I revise maths and look over all the different topics, I get so worried thinking about the fact that I've got to go over everything, do practise questions and fully understand each and every concept. I'm a bit of an overthinker and it probably is possible, but how are you managing maths revision? I really want a grade 7/8/9 and so I need to be able to completely understand everything, but looking over it all it just seems impossible. I also worry about time management, and how I'm going to balance it with every other subject.

ReputationRep:
    in same position, im just working with positive thinking about everything and making revision timetable for half term. also working through the syllabus along with past papers. but i not too sure if i can manage it along with other stuff either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filmaker)
    in same position, im just working with positive thinking about everything and making revision timetable for half term. also working through the syllabus along with past papers. but i not too sure if i can manage it along with other stuff either
    Can I see what your half term revision timetable looks like? I'm trying to formulate one of my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e2014)
    Can I see what your half term revision timetable looks like? I'm trying to formulate one of my own.
    i dont actually have a grided timetable because the way my brain works is if i have set times i cant do it.
    what i have done is created a list of every subject i need to revise, then what topics to revise in each subject, then how long i think each topic will take me. for example i have
    history- complete 16 marker booklet, 10 mins each page (50 mins max)
    - revise home front:
    -read through the chapter book and answer questions (1hour 50min max)
    -go back through book and reanswer the exam questions (30mins max)
    english- reread poems and notes (20mins max)
    - answer the homework questions on the poems (1hour 15mins)
    -go through language paper examiner report (15mins)
    -do a timed language paper (2hours)
    I then ordered each subject in numbers 1 to 7 from which exam i have first and then i calculated how long each day i need to spend on revision for the entire half term[it came to minimum 2hours a day if you're curious]

this way i am able to be flexible and still get work done. good luck! xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.