Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm meeting a man who I have met on Badoo who is 48..I am 20.

Should I inform anyone that I am doing this? Or, not?

We are meeting at a local spa for the afternoon

ReputationRep:
    A spa seems quite a public place! Probably nothing to worry about. Just don't go anywhere secluded!

ReputationRep:
    I would always tell someone where im going, just in case

I don't want people to think that I am babyish though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wouldn't see it as babyish

ReputationRep:
    It's not babyish, it's being safe and using common sense.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go to meet a 40 year old man regardless of how public the location.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely tell someone you trust. You don't even have to say that they are an older man, just say where you'll be. You never know, he could be a complete psycho.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I presume you are a woman and meeting him in a romantic sense? Can I ask why you don't go for guys your own age? Also don't go anyone with him after.

I'm meeting a man who I have met on Badoo who is 48..I am 20.

Should I inform anyone that I am doing this? Or, not?

We are meeting at a local spa for the afternoon
    He is 48 and your 20??? :sigh:

You do know he is old enough to be your dad? I understand your young and may not have your head screwed on properly (like most people in their early 20's) but he should have the sense! I'm not entirely sure this will work out, or even that he is looking for something serious, I get the impression this is a married man who wants something on the side or that he is a total creep who can't get women around his age, or 30+ so is going for something more 'fresh'.

Either way, it is your decision, all I will say is that you must tell someone you trust where your going so they know where to find you if something goes wrong. Also, make sure your phone is fully charged, nowadays our phones never have enough juice when we really need it.

He is 48 and your 20??? :sigh:

You do know he is old enough to be your dad? I understand your young and may not have your head screwed on properly (like most people in their early 20's) but he should have the sense! I'm not entirely sure this will work out, or even that he is looking for something serious, I get the impression this is a married man who wants something on the side or that he is a total creep who can't get women around his age, or 30+ so is going for something more 'fresh'.

Either way, it is your decision, all I will say is that you must tell someone you trust where your going so they know where to find you if something goes wrong. Also, make sure your phone is fully charged, nowadays our phones never have enough juice when we really need it.
    The age gap could be bigger. Also 20 and have slept with 48 year old man, but it doesn't mean the guys a creep

The age gap could be bigger. Also 20 and have slept with 48 year old man, but it doesn't mean the guys a creep
    Wow, just wow, you must not know any younger guys? I couldn't dream of sleeping with a 48 yo woman. :puke:

Who am I to say anything, I am a 22 yo virgin who doesn't have success with women.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were meeting another 20 year old you should still tell someone, as it's still a complete stranger that you met ONLINE.

And it's not babyish at all, I still tell my mum, sister and friends when I'm going on a date with someone new and I'm 4 years older than you

Wow, just wow, you must not know any younger guys? I couldn't dream of sleeping with a 48 yo woman. :puke:

Who am I to say anything, I am a 22 yo virgin who doesn't have success with women.
    It's not that unusual for girls to be attracted to older men, espec if they're hot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.