Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I have been offered a conditional offer for MSc Petroleum Geoscience and invited to an interview this Friday.

Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with the one-on-one interview or panel interview? Any hints and tips? I'm kinda nervous what they might ask on the day.

3vO
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Be prepared to talk about why you, why the course, why the dept and uni and how this fits with your career plans. Go over your application and CV again and be prepared to talk about how your skills and experience will help with the course. Be prepared to ask some of your own questions as well. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3vo)
    Hey guys,

I have been offered a conditional offer for MSc Petroleum Geoscience and invited to an interview this Friday.

Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with the one-on-one interview or panel interview? Any hints and tips? I'm kinda nervous what they might ask on the day.

3vO
    Me too, how did it go?

ReputationRep:
    It seemed to go pretty well. Managed to answer all the questions they could throw at me which seemed to be received by smiles and polite nods.. but you can never really tell. Although i did not get q chance to show them my mapping report.

Currently experiencing what can only be described as PTSD.. flash backs of the questions and various ways i could of answered... friday cant come fast enough!

How was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3vo)
    It seemed to go pretty well. Managed to answer all the questions they could throw at me which seemed to be received by smiles and polite nods.. but you can never really tell. Although i did not get q chance to show them my mapping report.

Currently experiencing what can only be described as PTSD.. flash backs of the questions and various ways i could of answered... friday cant come fast enough!

How was your interview?
    Pretty much the same, and yeah, I was all ready to whip out my poster and report but no such luck!

Fingers crossed I don't know if I spoke to you on the day? tried to say hello to as many people as i could

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiesaurus)
    Pretty much the same, and yeah, I was all ready to whip out my poster and report but no such luck!

Fingers crossed I don't know if I spoke to you on the day? tried to say hello to as many people as i could
    No, I dont think I had the opportunity to meet you. I was the first person to be interviewed by the panel. Hopefully we will meet come October. I am assuming you also managed to receive an conditional offer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.