The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc Petroleum Geoscience scholarship.. any experience with interview?

Hey guys,

I have been offered a conditional offer for MSc Petroleum Geoscience and invited to an interview this Friday.

Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with the one-on-one interview or panel interview? Any hints and tips? I'm kinda nervous what they might ask on the day.

3vO
Be prepared to talk about why you, why the course, why the dept and uni and how this fits with your career plans. Go over your application and CV again and be prepared to talk about how your skills and experience will help with the course. Be prepared to ask some of your own questions as well. Good luck!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by 3vo
Hey guys,

I have been offered a conditional offer for MSc Petroleum Geoscience and invited to an interview this Friday.

Just wondering if anyone could share their experience with the one-on-one interview or panel interview? Any hints and tips? I'm kinda nervous what they might ask on the day.

3vO

Me too, how did it go? :smile:
Reply 3
It seemed to go pretty well. Managed to answer all the questions they could throw at me which seemed to be received by smiles and polite nods.. but you can never really tell. Although i did not get q chance to show them my mapping report.

Currently experiencing what can only be described as PTSD.. flash backs of the questions and various ways i could of answered... friday cant come fast enough!

How was your interview?
Original post by 3vo
It seemed to go pretty well. Managed to answer all the questions they could throw at me which seemed to be received by smiles and polite nods.. but you can never really tell. Although i did not get q chance to show them my mapping report.

Currently experiencing what can only be described as PTSD.. flash backs of the questions and various ways i could of answered... friday cant come fast enough!

How was your interview?

Pretty much the same, and yeah, I was all ready to whip out my poster and report but no such luck!

Fingers crossed :smile: I don't know if I spoke to you on the day? tried to say hello to as many people as i could :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rosiesaurus
Pretty much the same, and yeah, I was all ready to whip out my poster and report but no such luck!

Fingers crossed :smile: I don't know if I spoke to you on the day? tried to say hello to as many people as i could :smile:

No, I dont think I had the opportunity to meet you. I was the first person to be interviewed by the panel. Hopefully we will meet come October. I am assuming you also managed to receive an conditional offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending