Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for textbooks and resources that will help with my A level french. My exam board is Eduqas but they've not published a textbook. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoilecyber)
    I'm looking for textbooks and resources that will help with my A level french. My exam board is Eduqas but they've not published a textbook. Any recommendations?
    Here are some ideas:

Vocabulary: Mot à Mot is invaluable. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mot-Fifth-A.../dp/1444110004

Grammar: Essential French Grammar for the Sixth Form and Beyond is thorough and has plenty of exercises: https://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Gram.../dp/095706120X

Dictionary: up to you, but make sure you get the biggest one you can afford. Personally, I like the Collins-Robert. Certainly to be preferred over website dictionaries in terms of accuracy and range, but website dictionaries can be more convenient.

Radio France Internationale has the Journal en français facile with a transcript, which is incredibly useful: www.rfi.fr

Vocabulary: the quizlet app is useful for helping you to learn vocabulary.

Reading: You need to be up-to-date with your knowledge of French society, and have a good overview of the political situation. Of course you can do this by reading English newspapers, but it's a good idea to also read some French newspapers. Of the national papers, Le Monde is the best known but also the most difficult in terms of language. Le Figaro and Libération are both more accessible, as are the regional papers (which also cover national and international news) - Ouest-France has the biggest circulation in France. Most of this is available free of charge on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.