Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims... I have a question Watch

Announcements

Are muslim girls required to cover up when out in public i.e. show no skin such as ankles, arms? So say if they go to the gym, would they have to wear a long sleeved top?

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are. They shouldn't show the shape of their body as that's their awrah.

ReputationRep:
    For out-and-about where males may see you, the only parts of the body that can be uncovered are the face and hands (although you may see many women choosing to cover up these as well, even on Summer days).
    Therefore, many girls in P.E. have long sleeve tops and socks to cover these usually exposed areas.

Remember - it's all to do with humility and modesty at the end of the day and following Allah's orders now will result in a greater reward in the hereafter Nice to see you making sure by inquiring

Go only women times at gym and problem is solved

ReputationRep:
    you're supposed to wear modest clothing that covers from the neckline to the ankles. i wear a long sleeve top and trackpants usually

I don't mean to offend anyone but wearing a hijjab is simply a waste, you would be better off wearing a hijjab when you are praying only instead of wearing it ALL THE TIME, surely your hair needs some oxygen like your skin right? It would be even more worse in summer, with all that boiling temperature and a hijjab already keeping your hair warm will just make it even more warm.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.