The Student Room Group

Language Change

Hey, I'm doing the reformed A-Level in English Language with OCR. I am getting very confused about language change and trying to remember all of the theories. I also recently did a mock in the subject and got a 'U' due to the fact that I am unable to write very well under stress due to anxiety issues (I take fluoxetine). Could anyone explain what bits I need to pick out and talk about when answering the language change question? Thanks!!
Original post by mcollins98
Hey, I'm doing the reformed A-Level in English Language with OCR. I am getting very confused about language change and trying to remember all of the theories. I also recently did a mock in the subject and got a 'U' due to the fact that I am unable to write very well under stress due to anxiety issues (I take fluoxetine). Could anyone explain what bits I need to pick out and talk about when answering the language change question? Thanks!!

I am a bit confused...

You say you got a U because you suffer from extreme anxiety. But your question is related to how to answer English Language exam question on language change.
If you got a U merely because you were unable to produce standard quality under timed conditions, this is something you should discuss with your teacher, possibly with your head of year too.

It seems that you have two unrelated issues going on. I would focus on your time anxiety first!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending