Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Language Change Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing the reformed A-Level in English Language with OCR. I am getting very confused about language change and trying to remember all of the theories. I also recently did a mock in the subject and got a 'U' due to the fact that I am unable to write very well under stress due to anxiety issues (I take fluoxetine). Could anyone explain what bits I need to pick out and talk about when answering the language change question? Thanks!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcollins98)
    Hey, I'm doing the reformed A-Level in English Language with OCR. I am getting very confused about language change and trying to remember all of the theories. I also recently did a mock in the subject and got a 'U' due to the fact that I am unable to write very well under stress due to anxiety issues (I take fluoxetine). Could anyone explain what bits I need to pick out and talk about when answering the language change question? Thanks!!
    I am a bit confused...

You say you got a U because you suffer from extreme anxiety. But your question is related to how to answer English Language exam question on language change.
    If you got a U merely because you were unable to produce standard quality under timed conditions, this is something you should discuss with your teacher, possibly with your head of year too.

It seems that you have two unrelated issues going on. I would focus on your time anxiety first!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.