Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey,
    I'm feeling quite depressed at the moment. I didn't do very well on my mocks. Even the subjects i usually excel at ,i did one of the worst, if not the worst. usually im one of the best students in the class and get the best grades. My other subjects, well they weren't any better. I don't know where i went wrong. I revised as best as i could... when we were discussing grades and results during lessons, everybody looked at me in pity and like i was an idiot. it was horrible.
    I feel very exhausted nowadays, my body just feels so tired and i just want to sleep. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep so i don't know why im so tired. I'm just not motivated to study anymore.
    Any advice on how i can cope with this. Please no negativity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,
    I'm feeling quite depressed at the moment. I didn't do very well on my mocks. Even the subjects i usually excel at ,i did one of the worst, if not the worst. usually im one of the best students in the class and get the best grades. My other subjects, well they weren't any better. I don't know where i went wrong. I revised as best as i could... when we were discussing grades and results during lessons, everybody looked at me in pity and like i was an idiot. it was horrible.
    I feel very exhausted nowadays, my body just feels so tired and i just want to sleep. I get around 7-8 hours of sleep so i don't know why im so tired. I'm just not motivated to study anymore.
    I only ever took mocks seriously to not disappoint my parents. The real exams actually matter.

That being said, I got a C in an AS Biology mock last year and ended up with an A.

Keep going mate.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly something went wrong in the mocks if you were getting better grades before. Nerves maybe? The pressure and expectations to be the best?

Relax for now, it was only the mocks and I'm sure you can request to get your papers back to look through them and see where your mistakes were made And to learn from them!

TSR is full of negative people.
    Just keep trying your best, ask the teacher what you did wrong and work on it.

(Original post by Cherub012)
    I only ever took mocks seriously to not disappoint my parents. The real exams actually matter.

That being said, I got a C in an AS Biology mock last year and ended up with an A.

Keep going mate.
    Thank you for your kind words

(Original post by markovchain17)
    Clearly something went wrong in the mocks if you were getting better grades before. Nerves maybe? The pressure and expectations to be the best?

Relax for now, it was only the mocks and I'm sure you can request to get your papers back to look through them and see where your mistakes were made And to learn from them!
    Thank you for your advice. My teachers gave me feedback and i will try and look over my mistakes over the weekend. It's the guilt of failing the mocks that's making me depressed i guess.

TSR is full of negative people.
    Just keep trying your best, ask the teacher what you did wrong and work on it.
    Thank you for your advice
    • Very Important Poster

Hey,
    People tend to do worse on their mocks, they exist so you can find out where you weak points are.

Spend time with your teachers and ask for areas to improve, use common sense by going over your exam paper. When you start revising do past papers to test how you've improved and build your confidence up. the good thing is they are micks so dont count for anything. Focus and ignore everyone else, they have their own things to think about. take 1 weeks off and chill fo a bi, then get back to it.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    People tend to do worse on there mocks, they exist so you can find out where you weak points are.

Spend time with your teachers and ask for areas to improve, use common sense by going over your exam paper. When you start revising do past papers to test how you've improved and build your confidence up. the good thing is they are micks so dont count for anything. Focus and ignore everyone else, they have their own things to think about. take 1 weeks off and chill fo a bi, then get back to it.
    Thank you for your advice

ReputationRep:
    Don't beat yourself up too much over this because in the end, it is just a mock. I got a C in a Biology mock once but ended up with an A* in the real exam. Destress yourself now that the mocks are over and do things you like. I guess you could try and find out which revision method works better for you. I found past papers extremely helpful in getting the key answers (bc i used to just go over notes and textbook) so maybe that could help. Writing down stuff also makes it easier to remember them. I'm sure you have it in you to get the grades you want so don't look down on yourself and cheer up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.