Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys well i want finish master in financial math and i want study in UK so we all know its little expensive i hope u can help me what is the cheapest city there in living and how much cost
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You can look up living costs for different cities online though if you're coming here to study I'd imagine you'd want to go somewhere that's the best for your course rather than just where it's cheap!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huso.sol)
    Hello guys well i want finish master in financial math and i want study in UK so we all know its little expensive i hope u can help me what is the cheapest city there in living and how much cost
    It's probable that living costs will be small fry compared to the difference in tuition fees if you're an international student. Of course London will be the more expensive in terms of both living costs and probably fees, whereas as you head out of London they'll probably both fall. Alleycat brings up a good point though in that you'll also need to consider what you're getting when you're paying less. You might not be getting as much for your course as you would at a more expensive university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You can look up living costs for different cities online though if you're coming here to study I'd imagine you'd want to go somewhere that's the best for your course rather than just where it's cheap!
    Thanks for this notice but i thought the education is all good in UK i will consider that again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It's probable that living costs will be small fry compared to the difference in tuition fees if you're an international student. Of course London will be the more expensive in terms of both living costs and probably fees, whereas as you head out of London they'll probably both fall. Alleycat brings up a good point though in that you'll also need to consider what you're getting when you're paying less. You might not be getting as much for your course as you would at a more expensive university.
    Oh yeah so the amount of my monkey decides what im going to study thanks for u answer "i pay more i will have good course" i.will keep that in my mind
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huso.sol)
    Oh yeah so the amount of my monkey decides what im going to study thanks for u answer "i pay more i will have good course" i.will keep that in my mind
    It's not guaranteed. All I'm saying is to take a closer look at why a uni might be more expensive than elsewhere. They could be offering something that you'll benefit a lot from or would like. To put it in economics terms, you want to be maximising your ratio of utility to costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It's not guaranteed. All I'm saying is to take a closer look at why a uni might be more expensive than elsewhere. They could be offering something that you'll benefit a lot from or would like. To put it in economics terms, you want to be maximising your ratio of utility to costs.
    Big thanks 👍

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.