Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I've been in love for 3 years and its why I'm single Watch

So before i started uni me and this girl were pretty close friends, we very nearly did end up dating but I held off , she is a couple years younger than me and I thought my feelings would pass after university got going. First year I had a couple of dates but never really hit it off, when i got back after first year i found out the girl from home had a boyfriend now and I realized I was jealous, I figured it was of the the relationship not that it was her . 2nd year I kept striking out and in the end i decided i needed time away, so I've taken a year abroad and until recently every thing has been fine. Right up until i recently I was doing well and starting to move on i think , Then the joys of social media showed me that the girl has broke up with her bf. Basically when I get back from my year abroad I know I need to decide but I'm not sure whether to tell her or keep running and just let try to forget about all of this. I feel I need some kind of closure, but not sure if its really gonna help me relationship wise if she rejects me.
    Maybe this is the wrong place to put this but felt like i needed to write it somewhere, my apologies for the terrible grammar. And please sod off if you're just gonna tell me to go get some

ReputationRep:
    This is difficult. I have put off relationships because I'm moving to a foreign country, or leaving for University and it's never been quite the same between me and the guy. I do sometimes think "What if...?" but quickly snap out of it when I think of all the cool things I have done, guilt free. (And I'm not talking about hooking up. Asking someone to wait for you is a huge burden.)

Have you been keeping in contact with the girl? If not, perhaps she has moved on completely and forgotten about you. Remember she was a couple of years younger than you. It could have been an immature crush on her part.

In the end though, if you need closure you should probably tell her and just be aware that she might not have the same feelings for you. It is better to have no regrets when it comes to issues like this.

Also, I'm fairly certain that if she does reject you then you can move on! There is no opportunities for you there after all!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.