Mousetrap - 'killer trap' or 'humane release trap'?... Watch

Drez999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am a person who believes in humanity and kindness but what do you think about these little critters - if you had one or more in your home?

Eeeeek!
Willy Pete
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have had them at home before, just put done a few proper mouse traps baited with raisins.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've only ever had one mouse in the house and I caught it myself (in a cup) and released it in the garden. Never saw it again.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
get a cat for a week
Reality Check
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We can't risk poisoning mice because of the chance the cat might eat the poisoned mice, so traps are our main control strategy. So long as they are regularly checked and kill rather than maim, I don't have a problem with them. Trapping mice to release them is rather futile, as they immediately go back to where they came from..
Trinculo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Defnitely the kill ones. There's no point releasing them unless you're going to go quite far away - certainly not the garden.

When I shared a house and had mice, we started off using the old wooden ones (little nipper, I think), but they got all nasty and covered with mouse brains and no one wanted to reset and rebait them, and we ended up throwing the whole thing away with the mouse attached. So we bought some online called "T-rex", which were plastic and you can reset them easily and chuck out the dead mouse easily. You can also remove the bait pot.
Drez999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by the bear)
get a cat for a week
Don't think my dog would like that but thanks for your valued input.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if they are outside I get the .22 rifle out, inside get a kill trap or if it is like a field mouse or one of the nice ones we let it go.

We had a ton of rats a while ago and the target practice was super fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads