The Student Room Group

British Film Funding

Hi everyone, I'm a student studying Level 3 Media and am currently conducting some research regarding film funding in the UK. Any insight regarding the questions below would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :smile:

Do you think the government should fund British Film Productions?
If yes, why should they? If not, why not?
Which method, in your opinion is best and most effective for independent film makers?
In your opinion, how effective is crowdfunding?
If you were to create your own production, which method would you use to fund it?
Hi there. Firstly, I don't think the government should fund films. This is mainly because if the BFI start to get funding from the government then other businesses will try to get funding from the government.
I think that crowd funding is probably the best way, as the budget they will get from a producer will already be quite small, but with crowd funding, you could try to make a film that people are very interested in. As a result, people will want to invest.
I think crowdfunding can be very useful depending on the situation. As I said before, it is useful for smaller independent filmmakers.
Personally I would use a combination of film 4 funding and crowdfunding. This is because I would want to get as much funding as possible for my film.
I don't believe that the government should fund British films, that money should be filtered more into making the country itself better, not just for the films.

I believe that crowdfunding is a great way for filmmakers to start a film of their own, it also allows the people funding the film to feel more involved within the film itself.

I personally would use Crowdfunding, however if I had access to a bulk amount from a company like Film4 then I would make use of this as a starter with the combination of crowdfunding to gain more support upon the initial release of the film itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending