Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't see a thread. So maybe copy and paste your answers?

UKCAT and SJT
    UK or Scottish Applicant
    Undergraduate or Postgraduate
    A Level Predictions
    GCSEs
    Heard back or not

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT and SJT: 2220 Band 1
    UK or Scottish Applicant: UK
    Undergraduate or Postgraduate: Undergrad
    A Level Predictions: A*A*A
    GCSEs : (9A*s 1A)
    Heard back or not: not heard

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT and SJT: 2140 Band 2 SJT
    UK or Scottish Applicant UK
    Undergraduate or Postgraduate Undergrad
    A Level Predictions A*A*A*
    GCSEs 10A*s

ReputationRep:
    I read on their website they do not offer interviews to school leavers, their aim is to have postgraduate students apply for medicine. Im in my fifth year at high school in Scotland and predicted to get straight A's and was told today that both Glasgow and Edinburgh are both using this system however, i don't know when this system for applicants will begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kijojo)
    I read on their website they do not offer interviews to school leavers, their aim is to have postgraduate students apply for medicine. Im in my fifth year at high school in Scotland and predicted to get straight A's and was told today that both Glasgow and Edinburgh are both using this system however, i don't know when this system for applicants will begin.
    They don't interveiw undergraduates only postgraduates. But they have much less places for postgraduates, and obvs want undergraduates, that's what I read online.

ReputationRep:
    Ben got Hacked?

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT and SJT - 2360 Band 1
    UK or Scottish Applicant - UK
    Undergraduate or Postgraduate - Gap Year undergraduate
    A Levels - A*A*A
    GCSEs - 8A*,3A, 2B
    Heard back or not - Nay

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT and SJT - 2080 Band 3
    UK or Scottish Applicant - UK
    Undergraduate or Postgraduate: School leaver
    A Levels predictions- A*A*A* + A at AS
    GCSEs - 8A*,2A
    Heard back or not - No but expecting rejection due to band 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a4r0n)
    UKCAT and SJT: 2140 Band 2 SJT
    UK or Scottish Applicant UK
    GCSEs 10A*s

UKCAT and SJT: 1940 Band 1 SJT
    UK or Scottish Applicant: UK but they class's me as EU for some reason 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
    GCSEs 9A* A and 3A at AS
    Heard back or not: nope, because of my fee status and a bit of a dodgy UKCAT I doubt I have a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom_uk99)
    UKCAT and SJT: 1940 Band 1 SJT
    UK or Scottish Applicant: UK but they class's me as EU for some reason 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
    GCSEs 9A* A and 3A at AS
    Heard back or not: nope, because of my fee status and a bit of a dodgy UKCAT I doubt I have a chance

Actually, your fee status will give you an advantage. last year (I think) you needed 38 points to get in from the UK and 36 to get in from the EU or Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    Actually, your fee status will give you an advantage. last year (I think) you needed 38 points to get in from the UK and 36 to get in from the EU or Scotland.
    Omg really?! I guess that's good but I think they have less places for EU , but reserve 30% for Scottish students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom_uk99)
    Omg really?! I guess that's good but I think they have less places for EU , but reserve 30% for Scottish students

I don't think they have any quota for EUs, I think they need to treat us like Scottish applicants. What they do have are rather ridiculous requirements for EU qualifications (or at least mine) which probably deters lots of EUs from getting in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.