Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied to Edinburgh for the PGDE Primary Course for this year. I've got an interview on 14th Feb and I'm wanting to prepare for it but since I'm one of the first interviewees for this year I can't seem to find much help.

I've been told that it will be a 45 minute group discussion but on my EULID it says 4 hours? Is there individual interviews also?

What did you do to secure a place as Edinburgh is my first choice and I would love to start this year!
    Below are the questions they will be asking:

1)*****Describe an example of a good teacher you have known and what are the qualities and

skills they displayed.

2)*****Describe a successful piece of work that you have done with children or young people and

tell us why you think it was successful.

3)*****Can you identify an educational issue you believe poses a challenge for education today?

Candidates from outside Scotland may identify an issue pertinent to another country.

4)*****How inclusive are schools? What do you understand to be the potential barriers and

solutions to inclusive education?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
    Caitlin

ReputationRep:
    Hi Caitlin, how did your interview at Edinburgh go? I have mine on 1st March. Can I ask if you have any tips following your own interview. Did they ask all the questions on the list or just a few? Bit worried about the group interview format. Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StuartML)
    Hi Caitlin, how did your interview at Edinburgh go? I have mine on 1st March. Can I ask if you have any tips following your own interview. Did they ask all the questions on the list or just a few? Bit worried about the group interview format. Many thanks.
    Hi there,

I felt it went okay. The interview itself was very relaxed but I sort of psyched myself up which in turn made me nervous. Hopefully it all went well in the interviewers' eyes though!

I would say not to worry, as long as you reflect on your own experiences and also have opinions about the curriculum then you should be fine. Still do lots of research about the curriculum and potential barriers, you can never be too prepared.

All in all, it's basically a discussion. I heard that Edinburgh teaches you in group formats so you can exchange ideas and that's what they're looking for.

Beforehand at the introduction to the course, the programme coordinator really helped.

Just be yourself and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Caitlin,
    Many thanks for the info. I will try not to be too nervous! Hope you hear back from Edinburgh soon with an offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.