The Student Room Group

Alone at sixth form

I have moved to a new sixth form since September and I'm really struggling to adjust.When I arrived people were already in groups or made groups really quickly and with me being quite shy and having anxiety issues I haven't managed to settle in.In my old school I used to have many friends but over the years because of my overthinking I had started to really isolate myself and I no longer keep contact with any old friends.I am very much alone.I used to hang out with a girl in my frees but she has started becoming close with others and never really including me so now whenever I am with them I just feel very awkward.Everyone I try and hang out with already has their set group so I'm just the awkward odd one out and most often I feel like they talk about me and try not to hang out with me that much.Most of my time is spent alone and it is really awkward when I see these people again in lessons and they ask me who I've been hanging out with.I told myself since I am going to be alone to a new school I will be able to concentrate and get good grades and just spend all my breaks and frees learning in the library but I cannot do that as I cannot stop overthinking about how lonely I am as I am seeing everybody around me have friends and enjoy their time in sixth form.I just feel like giving up and crying every day and it has made be become very depressed.Sorry for all the writing but I just want to know if anyones ever been in this situation and if so does it ever get any better and what advice I could take to feel better and really motivate myself because at the moment I feel so isolated I don't know if my life would ever improve and I will always be stuck feeling worthless.
Reply 1
That makes me sad :/ , it has happened to a lot of people , you should try to involve yourself in lessons and try to make friends that way , by helping or getting help of others I'm sure you will be able to get along with someone , if this isnt an option you should try try to boost your confidence , if you go to talk to a group of friends it may seem awkward at first but I'm sure you will find people you get along with , hiding away in the library will make things 10 times worse then they already aware, people will think that you are not looking to make any friends , it's all about how you portray yourself , be awkward and unconfident and you'll find yourself thinking everyone laughs and talks about you , but YOU never gave them a chance to actually know who you are , it's all about confidence you might find it hard to approach people when your at school but even if you stay in your common room I'm sure people will approach you , not everyone is as mean actually last they seem.
I was in your position when I moved to a new sixth form

Quick Reply

Latest