Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all.

I've been in a relationship now for a year and 2 months.
    We live a distance away from each other (We both live on the South West Coast)
    I've stayed at his house once.
    All the rest of the other times we have been using a local hotel (at my expense) - He's paid for a few meals etc but then it's now to (We'll go halves).
    He's bought me Christmas presents and birthday presents etc.

But am i being used as i'm financially stable and he is not? :/

I'm just getting a bit cheesed off tbh it's always a one way street with me going to him he's NOT once come to me.

He constantly says he will ask his mum if i can stay but never does.

Please Help!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it's awkward for him to have you stay over. I'm guessing his parents made a decision about something and rather than sound like a child and say "My mum said you cant come." He's just being really flaky about it. If you feel like you are investing too much, the answer is easy. Just invest less and see if he invests more in you. Doesn't have to be monetary either. Just have him put in effort, set up dates, come to you, pick u up, take you out. How much a guy chases you is the only way to guage his true interest.

(Original post by chims)
    It sounds like it's awkward for him to have you stay over. I'm guessing his parents made a decision about something and rather than sound like a child and say "My mum said you cant come." He's just being really flaky about it. If you feel like you are investing too much, the answer is easy. Just invest less and see if he invests more in you. Doesn't have to be monetary either. Just have him put in effort, set up dates, come to you, pick u up, take you out. How much a guy chases you is the only way to guage his true interest.
    *******s.

The strange thing is i used to speak to his mum all the time over Facebook and she'd respond but now she doesn't even bother she passes the message on to him which he passes on to me.

Bump.

Bump.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.