The Student Room Group

How do the authors create tension...

in Never let me go and Frankenstein throughout the books???
this is what i've got so far....
Both authors withhold information in the opening chapters of the novel to create curiosity in the readers. However this is structured differently in frankenstein as the use of frame narrative allows walton to introduce the protagonist without revealing what is going on.
In Frankenstein walton describes to his sister two strange characters encountered on the ice surrounding the ship as 'gigantic structure' - not average, dehumanising, sets him up as monstruos.
Ishiguro's narrative for Kathy H uses language which appears relatively standard but its usage reveals its purpose for a new meaning, this creates curiosity in the reader as the narrator assumes that the reader will understand what shes talking about.

but could someone help me with some other points :smile:))) thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Study help works best if you have a go at the question first and post your attempt so we have something to work with - we’re happy to help you once you’ve made an effort at answering it yourself. It is not designed for dumping questions and expecting someone to complete your homework for you.

Quick Reply

Latest