Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My daughter has an conditionaloffer at Hereford college of arts and initially it came through at 80 ucas points. Very achievable for her she's on an extended level 3 diploma. It's now been updated saying she just needs a pass I've checked the points and it's equal to 48. Why would they drop it so low. She's got an interview coming up at Loughborough and falmouth . We're thinking that if they offer its going to be between 100 and 120 ucas points. She's predicted to get a high merit possible distinction. Wondering if she's setting her sights too low. Thing is she loves hereford and the others are a long way from home.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Julieeastwood)
    My daughter has an conditionaloffer at Hereford college of arts and initially it came through at 80 ucas points. Very achievable for her she's on an extended level 3 diploma. It's now been updated saying she just needs a pass I've checked the points and it's equal to 48. Why would they drop it so low. She's got an interview coming up at Loughborough and falmouth . We're thinking that if they offer its going to be between 100 and 120 ucas points. She's predicted to get a high merit possible distinction. Wondering if she's setting her sights too low. Thing is she loves hereford and the others are a long way from home.
    Did Hereford interview her/ask for a portfolio?

If so then it's likely that they're happy that she has the talent and skill to succeed on their course regardless of her grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Did Hereford interview her/ask for a portfolio?

If so then it's likely that they're happy that she has the talent and skill to succeed on their course regardless of her grades
    Yes interview and portfolio.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Julieeastwood)
    Yes interview and portfolio.
    In that case I wouldn't worry - they've given her the equivalent of an unconditional offer (as long as she completes her current course) because they like her.

Tariff points don't really mean much for most art schools - the more popular ones use higher tariff offers as a way to cut down on demand/numbers but even there they'll often accept people with little to no tariff points if their portfolio shows the right sort of promise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.