Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 male and I am really close to a girl who is 29. I met her through work and we worked alongside each other for about 7 months at most. She did a lot for me especially near the end helping me to get a promotion and giving me advice and guidance on handling the new job.

Anyway we no longer work with each other since my promotion meant moving to a different location though we still live in same town. We had dinner last week and that was the first time we had a night out together and I really enjoyed it and gave her an early birthday present since I can't see her on her birthday. Anyway she hugged me and I felt really close to her. Anyway she now says she wants to take me out for a drink and says she needs to get me drunk.

I've never been drunk before I'm not sure she knows but I've been thinking about it a lot recently and normally your Dad takes you for your first drink and it got me thinking I think we get on really well since my Dad and I don't really talk and she's been through a lot with me. She's helped me get into a good job, helped me in my personal life and given me lots of guidance. She said last week I should be proud of myself having the job I do at my age. I know she's a women but i really see her as a father figure but it bothers me. Firstly I sense my Mum doesn't approve since she said to me when I said i was meeting up with her that she didn't want me "carrying on". I told a mate about her and he kept referring to it as a date and someone I worked with said it was weird and she was clearly trying to "pull me".

I really like her feel close to her and worry that I disappoint her if I ever do anything wrong. Is there anything wrong with our relationship? No one I've spoken to about it seems to approve.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe don't get too drunk until you know what her intentions are lmao. Just take little sips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Maybe don't get too drunk until you know what her intentions are lmao. Just take little sips
    I'm sure it's perfectly innocent. When we met up last time she said she wanted to get me a girlfriend for valentines day lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oZombiex2)
    I'm sure it's perfectly innocent. When we met up last time she said she wanted to get me a girlfriend for valentines day lol.
    Ye she must see you as a little brother. I don't see anything wrong with your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    It's surprisingly normal to look for stuff in people close to us that emotionally, our parents don't give us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Ye she must see you as a little brother. I don't see anything wrong with your relationship.
    Thanks it means a lot since everyone else seems to think it's weird. I have had feelings for her before but I don't want to ruin what we have. I feel what we have at the moment is special and don't want to ruin it. Now that I see her as like a family member it would be weird

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.