The Student Room Group

Can you get into Cambridge with bad GCSE results?

Like most people, I would love to be able to go to Cambridge university (psychology degree), and so far my A levels have been going well but I'm scared I'll be held back by my GCSE results. At A level I'm studying psychology, sociology, biology and law, and am predicted 3A*s and an A. I always feel like successful Cambridge applicants get all A*s at GCSE but I only got 1 A*(religious studies), 6As (biology, chemistry, English, media, geography, Spanish ) and 3Bs (physics, maths and English literature).
Do you think it's possible? Or should I stop getting my hopes up?
Original post by Carly2289
Like most people, I would love to be able to go to Cambridge university (psychology degree), and so far my A levels have been going well but I'm scared I'll be held back by my GCSE results. At A level I'm studying psychology, sociology, biology and law, and am predicted 3A*s and an A. I always feel like successful Cambridge applicants get all A*s at GCSE but I only got 1 A*(religious studies), 6As (biology, chemistry, English, media, geography, Spanish ) and 3Bs (physics, maths and English literature).

If your A levels are good and you have a strong overall application (reference, personal statement, interview etc.) I don't think you will he at a major disadvantage if you are in any at all.
Just work hard and focus what you're doing right now.
Besides, your GCSE's are pretty well considering how many of them you've done!
Reply 2
Original post by Carly2289

Forget about GCSE's now. Get very strong A-Level results and make the rest of your application strong in every aspect.
Yeah you're fine

inb4 people with cambridge offers burst into the thread hollering 'Look at me! I got in with only X at GCSE!' in a thinly veiled boast masquerading as informative advice.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Yeah you're fine

inb4 people with cambridge offers burst into the thread hollering 'Look at me! I got in with only X at GCSE!' in a thinly veiled boast masquerading as informative advice.

:rofl: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
they do?

Latest

Trending

Trending