Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started a university in London in September 2016 and I'm having doubts about my course. I find I'm not learning anything new or exciting that I didn't already know and the course is much different to how I perceived it before starting. I find that I don't get enough for the amount I'm paying. But if I do drop out I'm stuck with what to do next!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abi___s)
    I started a university in London in September 2016 and I'm having doubts about my course. I find I'm not learning anything new or exciting that I didn't already know and the course is much different to how I perceived it before starting. I find that I don't get enough for the amount I'm paying. But if I do drop out I'm stuck with what to do next!!
    Do you think it's a problem with the subject or with that particular university course? Have you spoken to your tutor/teachers or students in higher years about your unhappiness? They might be able to reassure you that things will accelerate next year (often the first year of courses can seem quite simplistic because people are coming from a range of backgrounds - so the first year is a chance for everyone to get the same basics before things get tough in second year and marks start to count).

Have you looked at similar (or different) courses elsewhere? It's possible to switch into year 2 elsewhere if the course is similar enough, or if it isn;t you can restart in first year on a new course (everyone gets one "false start" year of funding).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.