Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Idk what's wrong with me.
    I can't feel sympathy or guilt or anything basically. I don't care about hurting people. I feel like I hate a majority of people in my life and I prefer my own company. Even when I am with people that I do actually love, I prefer being alone. Sometimes I do really bad things and my parents get so mad and I fake cry and apologize so they don't take my privileges away but like I don't really care. I just get annoyed when my mom cries. Everything annoys me. I was diagnosed with depression & anxiety, but idk what's wrong with me. I haven't gone out with my friends in like a year, or more. I have a really short temper and everything makes me angry or sad. I am so hateful and such a misanthrope. What's wrong with me? I attended therapy for a while but it didn't do anything. My parents don't want me to take pills. I don't really like them. I'm a 16 year old girl btw.
    What's wrong with me? Am I a sociopath?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Idk what's wrong with me.
    I can't feel sympathy or guilt or anything basically. I don't care about hurting people. I feel like I hate a majority of people in my life and I prefer my own company. Even when I am with people that I do actually love, I prefer being alone. Sometimes I do really bad things and my parents get so mad and I fake cry and apologize so they don't take my privileges away but like I don't really care. I just get annoyed when my mom cries. Everything annoys me. I was diagnosed with depression & anxiety, but idk what's wrong with me. I haven't gone out with my friends in like a year, or more. I have a really short temper and everything makes me angry or sad. I am so hateful and such a misanthrope. What's wrong with me? I attended therapy for a while but it didn't do anything. My parents don't want me to take pills. I don't really like them. I'm a 16 year old girl btw.
    What's wrong with me? Am I a sociopath?
    Hey, sorry for such a late reply. Have you seen anyone about this? You say you've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I don't know how recent this was or what you've spoken to them about. I think not caring about anything is quite common with more severe depression, certainly I've experienced it a lot and hate it, being irritable for no reason is with both depression and anxiety too. That feeling of thinking absolutely anything could happen and it would barely even register is absolutely terrifying, especially for the first time. If I were you I'd print this post out and show it to your GP or another MH professional anyway, see what they say. Hope things get a bit better for you soon!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.