Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you was getting bullied

It works in some cases but doesn't in others. There's really no one solution to bullying that works every time but in my experience fighting back has a higher success rate than complaining to the teacher/other authority figure. :dontknow:

(Original post by Hydeman)
      It works in some cases but doesn't in others. There's really no one solution to bullying that works every time but in my experience fighting back has a higher success rate than complaining to the teacher/other authority figure. :dontknow:
      That's true my lil brother is getting bullied he's only 13

(Original post by Anonymous)
        Sorry to hear it. Such a tender age too. :moon: Does he have a friendship group he can stick with to avoid having to interact with his bully on his own?

ReputationRep:
        Yes fighting is necessary. Tell your brother to be prepared for when the bully next makes any physical contact with him (whether it's shoulder barging or tap on the shoulder). At that moment he should punch him so that he falls over and say "don't ever touch me again you bully". That's the action that will most likely solve this problem.

ReputationRep:
        If you was getting bullied
        you need to stand up for yourself if that means fightning then so be it

(Original post by Hydeman)
        Sorry to hear it. Such a tender age too. :moon: Does he have a friendship group he can stick with to avoid having to interact with his bully on his own?
        It's ok, he does have a little bit of friends he don't really talk to them though and I think the bullying was in 1 of his lessons

ReputationRep:
        That's not gonna work, first of all it's unlikely he'll win a fight if there's a group of them. And he's get in trouble with school and with the bullies. The best thing he can do is tell them to F off and walk away.

(Original post by xylas)
        Yes fighting is necessary. Tell your brother to be prepared for when the bully next makes any physical contact with him (whether it's shoulder barging or tap on the shoulder). At that moment he should punch him so that he falls over and say "don't ever touch me again you bully". That's the action that will most likely solve this problem.
        Mum said that fighting will just get you in more trouble, the bully's recorded him and barged him, fightings scary ain't gonna lie I've had fights before, true fighting is the way forward in my opinion

(Original post by CraigBackner)
        you need to stand up for yourself if that means fightning then so be it
        It's my brother he's quiet that's why

(Original post by Tugdthvshiqhavs)
        That's not gonna work, first of all it's unlikely he'll win a fight if there's a group of them. And he's get in trouble with school and with the bullies. The best thing he can do is tell them to F off and walk away.
        That's true if you don't stand up to the bullies they will think your weak and defenceless

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Tugdthvshiqhavs)
        The best thing he can do is tell them to F off and walk away.
        Telling them to f off is an aggressive/proactive move and will cause them to fight him with a cause. Defending yourself strongly is much more likely to be successful.

Mum said that fighting will just get you in more trouble, the bully's recorded him and barged him, fightings scary ain't gonna lie I've had fights before, true fighting is the way forward in my opinion
        But it should also take him out of the trouble he's in. Yes true fighting is the answer.

ReputationRep:
        I'd beat the **** out of someone for touching me or someone I care about end of. But you might not wanna take my advice there

ReputationRep:
        I wouldn't say I was bullied but I have been picked on, one guy took it too far and I punched him full power in the face, he fell down cold but I was nice enough to help him up and take him to the nurse. Since then it stopped and I haven't been picked on.

(Original post by xylas)
        Telling them to f off is an aggressive/proactive move and will cause them to fight him with a cause. Defending yourself strongly is much more likely to be successful.
        You gotta be humble in situations like this

But it should also take him out of the trouble he's in. Yes true fighting is the answer.
        Yes it will he just needs to man up

(Original post by 0to100)
        I'd beat the **** out of someone for touching me or someone I care about end of. But you might not wanna take my advice there
        Your advice is alright when I got bullied 8 years ago I had to make the bully bleed o punched him so hard in the face and eye made him cry 😎😀👍

ReputationRep:
        Your advice is alright when I got bullied 8 years ago I had to make the bully bleed o punched him so hard in the face and eye made him cry 😎😀👍
        Bully the bullies. Shouldn't have to come to that but I always tell my little siblings if someone invades your personal space invade theirs, simple.

(Original post by zayn008)
        I wouldn't say I was bullied but I have been picked on, one guy took it too far and I punched him full power in the face, he fell down cold but I was nice enough to help him up and take him to the nurse. Since then it stopped and I haven't been picked on.
        Did you get in trouble and sometimes you just have to fight

(Original post by 0to100)
        Bully the bullies. Shouldn't have to come to that but I always tell my little siblings if someone invades your personal space invade theirs, simple.
        Your right didn't even think of that

ReputationRep:
        ok lets get serious now, since most people aren't floyd mayweather you cant just go around beating ass. You have to report it but meantime send your kid to kickboxing classes, real talk

Your right didn't even think of that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.