Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    True even if he gets beaten up it shows that he ain't a pussie and who knows the boys are around 12/13 any things possible they could bring flick knives in school
    You know I was taking the piss right?:rolleyes: Where the **** is a 12 year old gonna get a knife that's not even legally sold in the UK?

Everyone gets bullied at some point in their life. NGL I've been on both sides of it and the only reason they do it is for a reaction. All he has to do is stop paying them any attention and they'll stop, probably within a week.

It stops being fun when you don't get a reaction. Think of playing Knock & Run; you wouldn't knock on the door of an empty house because it's boring, you knock on the houses where there's a good chance you'll get shouted at or chased. Exact same principle.

ReputationRep:
    Fighting is important, it's the consequences that I'm worried for my brother what would his family say, he would just get in more trouble what if the bullies gang up on him and bring weapons in school
    Obviously you can't go in guns blazing without assessing the situation first. What the family thinks should be irrelevant, because most of the time, parents (especially mothers) always want their sons to stay out of fights to keep them safe and to keep the peace. But this prevents a boy from building confidence and developing his strength and dexterity early on.

If it's just one bully, then a fight should be enough to settle things. But bullies often travel in petty gangs. In that case it's smarter to avoid them because life is more important than pride.

Since he's your brother, I think the best thing you could do is to go to a boxing club with him regularly, and practice sparring with each other to prepare both of you for anything in the future.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Clearly he isnt able to project that otherwise they wouldnt dare mess with him. If hes being bullied so badly, collect evidence then tell an adult.
    That's true he's kinda fat aswell he needs to get shaped up start hitting gym n that, he's been bullied before but this is the first incidence with this boy he said it was a supply teacher in the classs the guy was calling him a snake and that because my bro was getting bullied before and told teachers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even know about the police report thanks for telling me seems like the best way of sorting things out and it's not me it's my 13 year old bro the bullies recorded him and his friend they called him names and pushed him, should I go to my brothers school tommorrow or leave it
    It's not actually called the police report I just like calling it that way because that is how the police deal with criminals much tougher than normal bullies, they take similar steps to what I wrote so it's quite simple: Just ask them to stop or fight back simple as that. The whole point of the police approach is to make yourself a much harder target for bullies. I think you should go with it, it's worth a try, it has several success with me but I don;t know if it will have any success with your brother.
    • Very Important Poster

That's true he's kinda fat aswell he needs to get shaped up start hitting gym n that, he's been bullied before but this is the first incidence with this boy he said it was a supply teacher in the classs the guy was calling him a snake and that because my bro was getting bullied before and told teachers
    See if it happens again. Sometimes bullying can get worse before it gets better. he's better off telling someone in the long run though. He also might not appreciate others getting involved.

He can talk it through wit childline 0800 1111

(Original post by Notorious AHIG)
    You know I was taking the piss right?:rolleyes: Where the **** is a 12 year old gonna get a knife that's not even legally sold in the UK?

Everyone gets bullied at some point in their life. NGL I've been on both sides of it and the only reason they do it is for a reaction. All he has to do is stop paying them any attention and they'll stop, probably within a week.

It stops being fun when you don't get a reaction. Think of playing Knock & Run; you wouldn't knock on the door of an empty house because it's boring, you knock on the houses where there's a good chance you'll get shouted at or chased. Exact same principle.
    Really 😂, someone of them are in gangs they could get older to boys to buy it for them maybe

That's true I've been bullied it's not nice and ignoring is the best bet for him probably he's got half term on Friday so that's good a break from all this l

That's true I didn't think of it like that bullies will get bored when you ignore them it's like there talking to themselves 😄

(Original post by The Great)
    It's not actually called the police report I just like calling it that way because that is how the police deal with criminals much tougher than normal bullies, they take similar steps to what I wrote so it's quite simple: Just ask them to stop or fight back simple as that. The whole point of the police approach is to make yourself a much harder target for bullies. I think you should go with it, it's worth a try, it has several success with me but I don;t know if it will have any success with your brother.
    True that's a simple way of putting it and it might do my bro gets very emotional though

(Original post by 999tigger)
    See if it happens again. Sometimes bullying can get worse before it gets better. he's better off telling someone in the long run though. He also might not appreciate others getting involved.

He can talk it through wit childline 0800 1111
    I'll see tomorrow he wants to go in half day to avoid the bully, he told his family his family's aware of it and he don't he was crying when he got home

ReputationRep:
    In some cases yes. Although I have another idea.
    He should carry a sound recorder on him, you can get cheap £15 ones with good quality I think - search for dictaphones -, and then turn it on next time he sees the bullies approaching. Then perhaps their abuse can be recorded for posterity and played back to the various authorities.

Nevertheless, fighting back can be beneficial in a few ways. But it also carries more risk with it. The people I've spoken to who fought their bullies generally recount it being a useful experience, in that presumably it helped them restore their honour and feel vindicated.

(Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Obviously you can't go in guns blazing without assessing the situation first. What the family thinks should be irrelevant, because most of the time, parents (especially mothers) always want their sons to stay out of fights to keep them safe and to keep the peace. But this prevents a boy from building confidence and developing his strength and dexterity early on.

If it's just one bully, then a fight should be enough to settle things. But bullies often travel in petty gangs. In that case it's smarter to avoid them because life is more important than pride.

Since he's your brother, I think the best thing you could do is to go to a boxing club with him regularly, and practice sparring with each other to prepare both of you for anything in the future.
    Lool yeah that's true females think fightings wrong and it will get you in more trouble, I told my bro to fight them and mum says that's stupid fighting will just escalate matters

Yeah it's only 1 bully this time and yeah the bully probs has older brothers so it's better to stay safe life is worth more then your dignity

Boxing club seems to be the best bet but bro don't like boxing asked him he was like no he's missing out tbh, he likes badminton does that help your hand and core strength in any way

(Original post by StormCommando)
    In some cases yes. Although I have another idea.
    He should carry a sound recorder on him, you can get cheap £15 ones with good quality I think - search for dictaphones -, and then turn it on next time he sees the bullies approaching. Then perhaps their abuse can be recorded for posterity and played back to the various authorities.

Nevertheless, fighting back can be beneficial in a few ways. But it also carries more risk with it. The people I've spoken to who fought their bullies generally recount it being a useful experience, in that presumably it helped them restore their honour and feel vindicated.
    I've never thought of that 1 that could actually be useful and there cheap aswell

True it can be very risky I've been hurt trynna fight bullies but it's all worth it no pain no game most bullies are cowards writhing there selves I've been bullied before and standing up for yourself is good for your pride and dignity **** being a victim

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.