Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a Year 6 student at the English School of Nicosia undertaking the double Maths A-Level course. Last year I sat the C1 and C2 examinations and this year I will sit the C3, C4, S1, M1 and FP1 examinations. All 7 units are cashed in with the code (8372, 8373). Will this lead to me getting an A-Level Award this year, or will I just get two AS awards? (Both A-Levels should be awarded in Year 7, as this is a requirement from the majority of universities.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolas Pi)
    I am a Year 6 student at the English School of Nicosia undertaking the double Maths A-Level course. Last year I sat the C1 and C2 examinations and this year I will sit the C3, C4, S1, M1 and FP1 examinations. All 7 units are cashed in with the code (8372, 8373). Will this lead to me getting an A-Level Award this year, or will I just get two AS awards? (Both A-Levels should be awarded in Year 7, as this is a requirement from the majority of universities.)
    Ask Elena from exams office 😉
    Also if you complete all 4 cores plus two modules, it will cash in as an A level.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have the wrong codes.
    C1, C2 and either M1 or S1 can be cashed in with 8371 for AS Maths
    C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and M1 can be cashed in wcith code 9371 for A level maths
    FP1 is left unused, it could go into AS Further Maths if you did any other 2 Maths units to go with it.
    (I think 8373 is the cash-in for Pure Maths but you don't want this as it would stop you completing A level Maths.)

ReputationRep:
    I was told that if all 7 units are cashed in with 8372,8373 then I don't get awarded with an A Level in yr6 which is what I want. but im still confused.

ReputationRep:
    but what if all units are cashed in as 8372 8373. You need a code starting from 9 in order to get an A level award as far as i know

ReputationRep:
    I was told that if all 7 units are cashed in with 8372,8373 then I don't get awarded with an A Level in yr6 which is what I want. but im still confused.
    Unless you have already completed AS Maths 8371 then you cannot cash in with AS Further Maths, 8372.

You need to get rid of both the cash in codes you quote and just go with 9371, the cash-in code for A level maths.

ReputationRep:
    by the way, all 4 cores + two other modules = 1 A level, no matter the cash in code?

ReputationRep:
    by the way, all 4 cores + two other modules = 1 A level, no matter the cash in code?
    No, the only way to get Maths A level is to complete
    C1, C2, C3, C4 and 2 applied units which are either both unit 1s (e.g. M1 and S1) or a 1 & 2 pair (e.g. S1 & S2) and enter cash in code 9371.

ReputationRep:
    Im not supposed to sit C4 this year but I will do so because I had private lessons for C3 and my teacher dragged me into C4 as well. So if I have C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1 FP1 , all cashed in with (8372 8373) what awards do I get?

ReputationRep:
    Im not supposed to sit C4 this year but I will do so because I had private lessons for C3 and my teacher dragged me into C4 as well. So if I have C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1 FP1 , all cashed in with (8372 8373) what awards do I get?
    AS Pure Maths I think, using C1, C2 and C3 and cash in 8373 - but that's a bad idea as they won't then let you cash in A level maths.

Read my earlier posts. You need 6 units for an A level. For A level maths you need C1-4, M1 and S1 and cash in code 9371.

I am not going to bother replying to this thread again unless you make an attempt to understand what i have said in repeated posts. I suggest you go and check what you are actually entered for as what you keep posting makes no sense at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    AS Pure Maths I think, using C1, C2 and C3 and cash in 8373 - but that's a bad idea as they won't then let you cash in A level maths.

Read my earlier posts. You need 6 units for an A level. For A level maths you need C1-4, M1 and S1 and cash in code 9371.

I am not going to bother replying to this thread again unless you make an attempt to understand what i have said in repeated posts. I suggest you go and check what you are actually entered for as what you keep posting makes no sense at all.
    You should understand before accusing him of understanding. The guy doesn't want to cash in so he can cash all 12 modules next year when he has sat them all.
    Plus C1-4 can go with everything -S1/2 M1/2 FP1/2 not just M1 + S1 like normal maths.

Perhaps don't give advice without knowing anything yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. After talking with my teachers today I realized that if I have the 7 modules cashed in with 8372 8373 theres no A Level award this year. The award comes next year when the code changes to 9371 and the modules are distributed in the best possible way. Thank you all for your help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.