Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to deciede what I am taking for higher in the next month, I am thinking of taking maths, english, business, spanish and I have another subject to pick either chemistry/geography or history. I was wondering what kind of courses I could study at Uni with those subjects and any advice on the workload these subjects bring. I will finalise my choice when I get my nat 5 mark but I'm aiming for A's and B's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyhelp101)
    I have to deciede what I am taking for higher in the next month, I am thinking of taking maths, english, business, spanish and I have another subject to pick either chemistry/geography or history. I was wondering what kind of courses I could study at Uni with those subjects and any advice on the workload these subjects bring. I will finalise my choice when I get my nat 5 mark but I'm aiming for A's and B's.
    History be prepared to write extensively and in chemistry the course is quite simple really just calculations

ReputationRep:
    Id take History based of your other subject choices, English and Spanish pair nicely with a Social Subject

ReputationRep:
    Im indecisive about taking either modern studies or economics have either of you taken these subjects, I looked at old past papers and it seems quite interesting which one would you recommend

ReputationRep:
    History is definitely the best of the options you're not sure between. I did Higher History last year and it was interesting. It's not easy, but once you learn how to structure the essays properly, you're set for the whole year. I know so many people who took a Higher science and regretted it, so that may be the case with Chemistry. Also you seem to have a preference for wordy subjects rather than numerical ones. So taking History would pair nicely with a language and English for example.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.