The Student Room Group

Triple Science

I am not doing well at maths and I have been invited to do triple science, I have chosen triple science but I might fail because maths and science are related.Please help.Should I choose Triple Science?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm doing triple science and to be honest, there's little maths involved, except for a topic or two in Biology, some calculations in Chemistry, but Maths in Physics is a lot more, but not difficult at all; it just takes a bit of getting used to.

The pace in triple science (or so I've experienced), is that it's very fast-paced and requires revision out of school if you don't understand a topic fully.

I have trouble with Maths also, but I'd say I'm doing okay with triple- it's just about keeping up with topics etc.
Reply 2
Original post by okme
I am not doing well at maths and I have been invited to do triple science, I have chosen triple science but I might fail because maths and science are related.Please help.Should I choose Triple Science?

The maths in triple science is really not that bad at all. It doesn't really go much beyond what's on the double science curriculum anyway. Biology has barely any maths in it really, chemistry has a bit in some topics but it's not too difficult and physics probably has the most, but the vast majority of the necessary calculations are relatively simple. With practice and as long as you work hard in lessons, it's perfectly possible to do well in triple science even if you're not that strong in maths.
There is not too much maths but in physics you must be confident rearranging equations
Original post by okme

Maths is not such a big part.

Biology = simple data analysis questions such as percentage increase, working out the mean average and outliers.

Chemistry = mainly addition from my experience (atom efficiency).

Physics = using or rearranging equations. Practice should be enough.

Anyway, triple science is great and much better than double science. Definitely take it.
Reply 5
There isn't too much math involved. In biology there is virtually no math apart from the odd percentage change. In chemistry there are a few calculations but if you struggle with them, there are a LOT of resources that can help you practice. Physics has the most math, but again its not too much. In physics there are a few equations that you need to learn to use and mastering the art of rearranging goes a very long way. Overall, triple science is a very good choice to take (in my opinion) and there is a little bit of math involved, but as always, practice is key.

Quick Reply

Latest