Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all please help me answer the question below. It came on my end of unit test and I want to see if I got it right:

Why is a series circuit with two bulbs not suitable for use in a tent. It came with an image of a tent split into two room, one sleeping area and one living area with a bulb in each room.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Because in a series circuit both bulbs will have to be on at the same time. There would be no way to have one on and the other off at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks loads) that's what I put and I also wrote that it won't be energy efficient to have both on at the same time if ur using only one room. Is that right too.?
    (Original post by Mo H)
    Because in a series circuit both bulbs will have to be on at the same time. There would be no way to have one on and the other off at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabz152)
    Thanks loads) that's what I put and I also wrote that it won't be energy efficient to have both on at the same time if ur using only one room. Is that right too.?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo H)
    Yep.
    Also, because they are in series with each other, If one breaks, the circuit is broken and both of the lights switch off and you have no light.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.