The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Ava.Dashti
Hiii! Can somebody give me some insights into this test?
I would really love to apply to Groningen next year, but this test got me all confused. I do not know anything about it... so I am not sure if I should even give it a shot. Thank you a lot!

1) You will have to complete a file with all your diplomas, grades of the high school etc and you will have to submit it via internet. After that the uni determine if your background is strong enough to follow this program. The answer can be :
- no so for you the adventure stops here
- yes that's great you're invited to the selection day
-yes but you have a déficience in a particulate field such as physics or maths and you will take part to the selection day but have to prove before July that you reach the expected level

2) the selection day :
You will have to prepare things before coming -> complete a portfolio with all wath you did before applying here
-> read some document which are sent one month before and things like that. I can't be really precise because it seems to depends of the year but I think that you get the general idea
During the the selection day there will be 4 tests. You can't really get prepared but what you can do is thinking in advance about an answer to the following question : why do I want to become a doctor and what is a good doctor. That's what I did and I passed :-)

At this uni the most important is to have the motivation. If it what you really want to do everything will go well for you

I hope it is not to long. Please excuse me for the grammar English isn't my mother tongue

Good like if you apply and to hesitate to tell me if you have further questions
Reply 2
Hi aha.dashti,

I also will apply for groningen but in Fall 2018. How did the selection procedure go? I am already very nervous about The selection day and would be thankfull if you would tell me about your experience and what questions they asked you! :smile:
Good morning guys,Thanks Pata Toko for your wonderful summary.Could you please give us more information about the selection day and the 4 tests.Are they attitudinal tests or academic tests ( like chemistry, physics, maths questions) ?I have already worked in healthcare in UK as paediatric physio but I decide to move back to medicine and I am.going to finalize my application for 2018 entry.Many thanks for your time.Giulio
Reply 4
Original post by PataToko
1) You will have to complete a file with all your diplomas, grades of the high school etc and you will have to submit it via internet. After that the uni determine if your background is strong enough to follow this program. The answer can be :
- no so for you the adventure stops here
- yes that's great you're invited to the selection day
-yes but you have a déficience in a particulate field such as physics or maths and you will take part to the selection day but have to prove before July that you reach the expected level

2) the selection day :
You will have to prepare things before coming -> complete a portfolio with all wath you did before applying here
-> read some document which are sent one month before and things like that. I can't be really precise because it seems to depends of the year but I think that you get the general idea
During the the selection day there will be 4 tests. You can't really get prepared but what you can do is thinking in advance about an answer to the following question : why do I want to become a doctor and what is a good doctor. That's what I did and I passed :-)

At this uni the most important is to have the motivation. If it what you really want to do everything will go well for you

I hope it is not to long. Please excuse me for the grammar English isn't my mother tongue

Good like if you apply and to hesitate to tell me if you have further questions

Hello PataToko!

I am sorry for my 3 year delay hahaI thank you so so much for your detailed answer!
I actually decided to apply for medicine in my home city and i guess i didn’t check out the site eversince
I really do wish you an amazing year and the best of luck!
Kindly,
Ava Dashti
Reply 5
Original post by Luisa__
Hi aha.dashti,

I also will apply for groningen but in Fall 2018. How did the selection procedure go? I am already very nervous about The selection day and would be thankfull if you would tell me about your experience and what questions they asked you! :smile:

Hello Luisa!
I actually decided to attend medical studies in my city. I really do hope that you did what was best for you too!
I send you the best of luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending