Tom_Lanzon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Our entire year did awful on the literature mocks (besides a few a that managed to do .well), i was curious as a whole did everyone do badly across the board . Only reason i ask is cus i believe the new system is a awful idea
FIFA 18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tom_Lanzon)
Our entire year did awful on the literature mocks (besides a few a that managed to do .well), i was curious as a whole did everyone do badly across the board . Only reason i ask is cus i believe the new system is a awful idea
Did you do the 2016 papers?
mdnvmpr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tom_Lanzon)
What exam board are you on?
Tom_Lanzon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by FIFA 18)
Did you do the 2016 papers?
It was a specimen paper for 2017
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did awful in both, which was a wake-up call. Honestly, I was amazed though if I am being completely truthful. Before the mocks, I had never got less than a B but in the mocks, I got 5 and 4. At least this motivates me to study even more for English, which I don't believe I would have done to that extent if I got good results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
amal29
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is anyone studying the play of An Inspector Calls? If so, is Mr Bruff’s Guide to ‘An Inspector Calls’ a better source or the CGP revision guide? Which one's more detailed?
Padmaja_00
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by amal29)
Is anyone studying the play of An Inspector Calls? If so, is Mr Bruff’s Guide to ‘An Inspector Calls’ a better source or the CGP revision guide? Which one's more detailed?
I am not aware of both the resources that you've stated. However, I know that
''Mr Salles teaches English'' is a really good youtube channel to subscribe to for English literature. Especially since you are studying, ''An Inspector Calls''. His videos are terrific and he has posted ample number of videos about An Inspector Calls with in-depth analysis.

Just out of curiosity...are you doing ''Spies'' by Michael Frayn by any chance?
amal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Padmaja_00)
I am not aware of both the resources that you've stated. However, I know that
''Mr Salles teaches English'' is a really good youtube channel to subscribe to for English literature. Especially since you are studying, ''An Inspector Calls''. His videos are terrific and he has posted ample number of videos about An Inspector Calls with in-depth analysis.

Just out of curiosity...are you doing ''Spies'' by Michael Frayn by any chance?
Alright, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks so much.

Yes, I am studying Spies as well. I'm finding it quite tough since revision material is very limited. Any tips?
Moltenmo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have been using Mr.Bruff's character analysis videos on 'An Inspector Calls' and they are pretty good. Not sure about his guide. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
amal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Moltenmo)
I have been using Mr.Bruff's character analysis videos on 'An Inspector Calls' and they are pretty good. Not sure about his guide. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just in search of revision material for my GCSE literature exam.
Padmaja_00
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Alright, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks so much.

Yes, I am studying Spies as well. I'm finding it quite tough since revision material is very limited. Any tips?
That youtube channel covers spies as well...
amal29
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Padmaja_00)
That youtube channel covers spies as well...
Mr. Salle's channel doesn't seem to cover Spies at all, I wasn't able to locate any related video.

Do you have some sort of suggested link?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads