Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Our entire year did awful on the literature mocks (besides a few a that managed to do .well), i was curious as a whole did everyone do badly across the board . Only reason i ask is cus i believe the new system is a awful idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Lanzon)
    Our entire year did awful on the literature mocks (besides a few a that managed to do .well), i was curious as a whole did everyone do badly across the board . Only reason i ask is cus i believe the new system is a awful idea
    Did you do the 2016 papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Lanzon)
    What exam board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FIFA 18)
    Did you do the 2016 papers?
    It was a specimen paper for 2017
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I did awful in both, which was a wake-up call. Honestly, I was amazed though if I am being completely truthful. Before the mocks, I had never got less than a B but in the mocks, I got 5 and 4. At least this motivates me to study even more for English, which I don't believe I would have done to that extent if I got good results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone studying the play of An Inspector Calls? If so, is Mr Bruff’s Guide to ‘An Inspector Calls’ a better source or the CGP revision guide? Which one's more detailed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amal29)
    Is anyone studying the play of An Inspector Calls? If so, is Mr Bruff’s Guide to ‘An Inspector Calls’ a better source or the CGP revision guide? Which one's more detailed?
    I am not aware of both the resources that you've stated. However, I know that
    ''Mr Salles teaches English'' is a really good youtube channel to subscribe to for English literature. Especially since you are studying, ''An Inspector Calls''. His videos are terrific and he has posted ample number of videos about An Inspector Calls with in-depth analysis.

Just out of curiosity...are you doing ''Spies'' by Michael Frayn by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padmaja_00)
    I am not aware of both the resources that you've stated. However, I know that
    ''Mr Salles teaches English'' is a really good youtube channel to subscribe to for English literature. Especially since you are studying, ''An Inspector Calls''. His videos are terrific and he has posted ample number of videos about An Inspector Calls with in-depth analysis.

Just out of curiosity...are you doing ''Spies'' by Michael Frayn by any chance?
    Alright, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks so much.

Yes, I am studying Spies as well. I'm finding it quite tough since revision material is very limited. Any tips?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have been using Mr.Bruff's character analysis videos on 'An Inspector Calls' and they are pretty good. Not sure about his guide. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    I have been using Mr.Bruff's character analysis videos on 'An Inspector Calls' and they are pretty good. Not sure about his guide. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was just in search of revision material for my GCSE literature exam.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks so much.

Yes, I am studying Spies as well. I'm finding it quite tough since revision material is very limited. Any tips?
    That youtube channel covers spies as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padmaja_00)
    That youtube channel covers spies as well...
    Mr. Salle's channel doesn't seem to cover Spies at all, I wasn't able to locate any related video.

Do you have some sort of suggested link?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.