What happens if you fail a resit at uni? Watch

username2324383
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do you fail the whole year/course? I'm really worried. I failed my first essay and PowerPoint and am likely to fail my first project (sketchbook and technical file) as well. I really want to pass the whole degree at least but atm it doesn't look like it will happen. Any advice would be much appreciated because I don't feel like carrying on now but I really want to pass. Ugh! Why is life always so complicated?

Btw I am a textile design student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It really depends on your uni procedures. Sometimes you just fail the year and have to resit it, or you have to resit the module the next year. At my uni (City University), one foreign student failed his resits and was kicked off the course and had to go back to his home country. Speak to your course officer about it if you want to know specifically what happens at your uni.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Check your university regulations. Some will have rules about how many modules you're allowed to fail in a year before you have to retake the whole year anyway. And if you fail resits some will make you resit the module again, some the whole year and there is always a chance they decide to terminate the course if they don't believe you're capable of passing it.

I think if you're failing multiple assignments you need to have a really serious think about why and decide how yo're going to fix it or whether the course is the right thing for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (128)
13.36%
Excited (90)
9.39%
Worried (184)
19.21%
Terrified (215)
22.44%
Meh (72)
7.52%
Confused (26)
2.71%