Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you fail the whole year/course? I'm really worried. I failed my first essay and PowerPoint and am likely to fail my first project (sketchbook and technical file) as well. I really want to pass the whole degree at least but atm it doesn't look like it will happen. Any advice would be much appreciated because I don't feel like carrying on now but I really want to pass. Ugh! Why is life always so complicated?

Btw I am a textile design student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on your uni procedures. Sometimes you just fail the year and have to resit it, or you have to resit the module the next year. At my uni (City University), one foreign student failed his resits and was kicked off the course and had to go back to his home country. Speak to your course officer about it if you want to know specifically what happens at your uni.

ReputationRep:
    Check your university regulations. Some will have rules about how many modules you're allowed to fail in a year before you have to retake the whole year anyway. And if you fail resits some will make you resit the module again, some the whole year and there is always a chance they decide to terminate the course if they don't believe you're capable of passing it.

I think if you're failing multiple assignments you need to have a really serious think about why and decide how yo're going to fix it or whether the course is the right thing for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.