Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in Year 11 at the moment and I really want to succeed in my exams but currently I am in a bit of slump, and have a lack of motivation and energy, what can I do in order to be prepared for my fast approaching exams, but also be a happy and energetic person?

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest to really think about where you want to be in the next 2 decades. The thought of the future in any way will surely bring the motivation levels back up as you have what you want fixed in your mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hajra Momoniat)
    I would suggest to really think about where you want to be in the next 2 decades. The thought of the future in any way will surely bring the motivation levels back up as you have what you want fixed in your mind
    Thank you for the reply, I think the idea of getting a*s in some subjects is spurring me on even if I don't like them. I also want to go to a top uni so I need to work hard! thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Np

ReputationRep:
    Think about why you were motivated before, what drives you towards those top-end grades?
    Once you've done that its just self-care, really. Go get in the bath, relax, clean your room (very important) and you'll feel loads better, trust me. After all this you'll feel fresh and prepared!!

Good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meridian-S)
    Think about why you were motivated before, what drives you towards those top-end grades?
    Once you've done that its just self-care, really. Go get in the bath, relax, clean your room (very important) and you'll feel loads better, trust me. After all this you'll feel fresh and prepared!!

Good luck with your exams
    thank you!! great advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigail2001)
    I am in Year 11 at the moment and I really want to succeed in my exams but currently I am in a bit of slump, and have a lack of motivation and energy, what can I do in order to be prepared for my fast approaching exams, but also be a happy and energetic person?
    Hey there,

I've answered this question a few times in the past. Don't rely on motivation, motivation can be affected by hunger, tiredness and everything else. It's an unreliable thing to rely on (with that being said, if you have it, use it!). So, the best thing to work with is to introduce habits that are sustainable and productive (setting aside regular time to do work with no distractions, giving yourself a little reward at the end to encourage you on) and then using discipline to maintain that. Once the habit is built in then it should be much easier from there. The question is how much do you want it? If you want it enough then motivation isn't even a factor. I wish you the best of luck. Any questions then hit me up on here.

ReputationRep:
    Motivation swings for everyone- you cannot always be 100% motivated! I often go off and do something that I enjoy (running, for me). Then I organise what I'm going to work on, and once I've completed that, I feel a lot better. After doing this, I feel as if I can achieve more and go on to do more work. I would recommend for GCSEs not doing masses of revision each day, but doing it in sensible (but not too small) chunks. Try to mix up which subjects you're studying too, or maybe just come up with a few new revision tactics to keep yourself interested. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranAdam)
    Hey there,

I've answered this question a few times in the past. Don't rely on motivation, motivation can be affected by hunger, tiredness and everything else. It's an unreliable thing to rely on (with that being said, if you have it, use it!). So, the best thing to work with is to introduce habits that are sustainable and productive (setting aside regular time to do work with no distractions, giving yourself a little reward at the end to encourage you on) and then using discipline to maintain that. Once the habit is built in then it should be much easier from there. The question is how much do you want it? If you want it enough then motivation isn't even a factor. I wish you the best of luck. Any questions then hit me up on here.
    Thank you, I know that I want it a lot so I suppose I just need to keep at it. thanks for the reality check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-Ellie-R)
    Motivation swings for everyone- you cannot always be 100% motivated! I often go off and do something that I enjoy (running, for me). Then I organise what I'm going to work on, and once I've completed that, I feel a lot better. After doing this, I feel as if I can achieve more and go on to do more work. I would recommend for GCSEs not doing masses of revision each day, but doing it in sensible (but not too small) chunks. Try to mix up which subjects you're studying too, or maybe just come up with a few new revision tactics to keep yourself interested. Hope this helps
    thank you for the input, I think I put to much pressure on myself to work all the time, so taking time out for myself will be really beneficial, really appreciate the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigail2001)
    thank you for the input, I think I put to much pressure on myself to work all the time, so taking time out for myself will be really beneficial, really appreciate the advice!
    No problem. Best of luck and try not to put too much pressure on yourself

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.