ArianaChande
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have chosen my GCSE options I have chosen to do Gratin but I've heard its very hard, I love Latin, which I have been doing since Year 7, and Greek, which I've been doing since September. I am a scholar at a top school but I'm not sure, advice would be much appreciated.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ArianaChande)
I have chosen my GCSE options I have chosen to do Gratin but I've heard its very hard, I love Latin, which I have been doing since Year 7, and Greek, which I've been doing since September. I am a scholar at a top school but I'm not sure, advice would be much appreciated.
Is Gratin like greek and latin?? if so, then that is soooo cool
ArianaChande
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
its a subject composed of Greek and Latin which counts for two GCSEs
Classics_Teacher
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gratin is a good choice if you're able to keep up the pace and work in your own time as there's a lot of set text to get through for both Latin and Greek GCSE. For some, though, it can be too much and I suggest that they focus on getting a higher mark in Latin than an average mark in both, but your teacher should be in a good position to recommend whether it's suitable for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (134)
14.82%
I'm not sure (40)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (273)
30.2%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.43%
I'm not a current university student (435)
48.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed