Turn on thread page Beta

New Site Name watch

Announcements

banaboo.com

Do you like the name? What does it make you think of? What do you associate it with? I would really appreciate any reactions and comments.

Many Thanks,
    d.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Do you like the name? What does it make you think of? What do you associate it with? I would really appreciate any reactions and comments.

Many Thanks,
    d.

Banana.

Just make sure that the redirect is in place for a loooooooong time so that the users can get used to the address.

(Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Many Thanks,
    d.
    I quite like it (it's French for something I think.....isn't it?!? :confused: ). It seems unique so I would think that it could become popular quite quickly. I'm very in favour of the single word address as it will be much more convinient for newcomers and therefore should increase popularity. As Andy says I think a redirect would be essential to ensure that we take the current following with us.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    ummm...it makes me think of the tellytubbies but I can't quite pin down why :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    ummm...it makes me think of the tellytubbies but I can't quite pin down why :confused:
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    Its rather like Royal Mail changing their name to concentrica because it sounded modern, after just one year it was called Royal Mail again.

Banaboo is not bad though it sounds a bit more funky like a lot of other student forums. However a name like this may attract less serious people and course more moderation problems.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds childish

i think of yellow and blue when i think of banaboo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Many Thanks,
    d.
    whats the relation to a forum for students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Many Thanks,
    d.
    Who won the £50?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm.. I can't say I'm feeling it. It reminds me of that Destiny's Child song, bug a boo? Something like that? It sounds like it should be "wanadoo"'s sister too

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I like it I think, the first thing that came into my head was "Bruce Banner" aka The hulk.

It's catchy though and easy to remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Many Thanks,
    d.
    I'm with expression, I am associating banannas...

What is the story behind banaboo?

(Original post by vienna95)
    whats the relation to a forum for students?
    The new site will be a lot more than that.

(Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Who won the £50?
    Noone unfortunately, nobody submitted anything really following the guidelines. Perhaps because I failed to really convey what I was looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    What is the story behind banaboo?
    http://www.hitchams.suffolk.sch.uk/s...ian_adventure/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Many Thanks,
    d.
    It read that and get images of a vegetable fetish website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    The new site will be a lot more than that.
    *worries about the future* What else will it be?

(Original post by Daveo)
    *worries about the future* What else will it be?
    I really wouldn't worry, the changes will be handled as sympathetically as we can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    Noone unfortunately, nobody submitted anything really following the guidelines. Perhaps because I failed to really convey what I was looking for.
    Mine was fantastique. Was it not?

ReputationRep:
    how about www.d-end.com?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.