ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Meeeeow!

Another suggestion (with an o!): Cogito
    both cogito.co.uk and cogito.net are taken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    both cogito.co.uk and cogito.net are taken
    Cogito makes me think of the word, "incognito".

ReputationRep:
    i just remembered what banaboo makes me think of: bonobos, those really promiscuous chimps! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should sell my studential.com and co.uk domains - it seems like a pretty good name to me - bidding starts at £2000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    The advantages of banaboo are such:

1) Memorable
    2) Ownable
    3) Repeating "b" consonant
    4) -oo suffix, implying internet
    5) Association with tropical, outdoor, youthful fun, even malibu

The name is also a tribute to a particular person. It's also related to bamboo, which is a strong, fresh community orientated plant.
    Can I add something else to the list?

It also encompasses the idea of banning members.. "Ban a Boo", or even "Ban a Bono"

I think I like banaboo more now.

ReputationRep:
    My immediate thought after reading 'banaboo' was 'wanadoo' because of the double o at the end, and, basically, well, just the rhythm of it. It just doesn't seem to capture what this forum is about, and it conjours thoughts of wanadoo broadband...
    Although thinking about it, names such as yahoo, google, and such, all give an impression of 'information' so I suppose, if that was the intent of 'banaboo', as it reminds me of that sort of site, then it's suitable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Can I add something else to the list?

It also encompasses the idea of banning members.. "Ban a Boo", or even "Ban a Bono"

I think I like banaboo more now.
    There could be a lot of future 'typos' when typing the word 'banabono', I mean, errr, 'banaboo'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    There could be a lot of future 'typos' when typing the word 'banabono', I mean, errr, 'banaboo'
    Just one extra letter to put in

ReputationRep:
    One of my other thoughts was bonoboo as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    But google is actually derived sensibly. When I first stumbled across google back in 1999/2000, I didnt think "hmm, childish sounding site" I thought "Sounds like a googlplex, a really large number" - and that is indeed the derivation!
    yes but thats you, and a small minority of mathematically interested people. to the vast majority, "google" or "googol" is a nonsensical childish word ("googol" itself was invented by a 5 year old)

PS can i make a suggestion? www.elpaw.com (it conjours up imagery of learning and communities and gentle rolling hills with little sparkling streams and budgies, and the alliteration of the w signifies a thirst for reawakening and enlightenment)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    PS can i make a suggestion? www.elpaw.com (it conjours up imagery of learning and communities and gentle rolling hills with little sparkling streams and budgies, and the alliteration of the w signifies a thirst for reawakening and enlightenment)
    Aww, I was waiting for Bono to suggest that.

ReputationRep:
    hows about elemorphic ?

or alumina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Here's an alternative to that:

letshogthepubliccalendaralltomys elfthenusemyreputationtomakesure allthemodsareonmysideandagreewit hmesoidowantiwantwiththecalendar andstopeveryoneelseusingit.com
    you said wantiwant, should be whatiwant

ReputationRep:

letshogthepubliccalendaralltomys elfthenusemyreputationtomakesure allthemodsareonmysideandagreewit hmesoidowhatiwantwiththecalendar andstopeveryoneelseusingit.com
    catchy

ReputationRep:

letshogthepubliccalendaralltomys elfthenusemyreputationtomakesure allthemodsareonmysideandagreewit hmesoidowhatiwantwiththecalendar andstopeveryoneelseusingit.com
    Lovin' It, Lovin' It, Lovin' It....Lovin' It Like That!

ReputationRep:
    banaboo.com - as has been said before it reminds me of Wanadoo the ISP. And Kelkoo the cost comparison service. Also seems almost... childish?

What was wrong with how I submitted my suggestions?! I quite liked custud.com, uberstude.com, and of course edweb.com... ed for education as opposed to my name of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    banaboo.com - as has been said before it reminds me of Wanadoo the ISP. And Kelkoo the cost comparison service. Also seems almost... childish?

What was wrong with how I submitted my suggestions?! I quite liked custud.com, uberstude.com, and of course edweb.com... ed for education as opposed to my name of course!
    custud.com [custard]

hmm i like it

whats it mean though? i can see the stud(ent) bit but the cu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    custud.com [custard]

hmm i like it

whats it mean though? i can see the stud(ent) bit but the cu?
    I'm not quite sure what it means... I simply liked the sound. Having thought about it though, custard is quintessentially British and whatever changes UKL goes through, I hope it means true to its UK roots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    I'm not quite sure what it means... I simply liked the sound. Having thought about it though, custard is quintessentially British and whatever changes UKL goes through, I hope it means true to its UK roots!
    Custud sounds quite good actually! Memorable but not babytalk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Custud sounds quite good actually! Memorable but not babytalk.
    Well that is 2 out of 2 positive responses... wonder what the wider UKL population thinks?!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.