x Turn on thread page Beta

New Site Name watch

Announcements

(Original post by moncal)
    I'm with expression, I am associating banannas...

What is the story behind banaboo?
    The advantages of banaboo are such:

1) Memorable
    2) Ownable
    3) Repeating "b" consonant
    4) -oo suffix, implying internet
    5) Association with tropical, outdoor, youthful fun, even malibu

The name is also a tribute to a particular person. It's also related to bamboo, which is a strong, fresh community orientated plant.

(Original post by swatfa)
    how about www.d-end.com?
    Taken

(Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Mine was fantastique. Was it not?
    You didn't submit one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)

1) Memorable
    2) Ownable

The name is also a tribute to a particular person. It's also related to bamboo, which is a strong, fresh community orientated plant.
    it also sounds like you stole it of 'wanadoo broadband' not too original imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    I really wouldn't worry, the changes will be handled as sympathetically as we can.
    My worry is this that if the audience was extended to wide this would become a UK youth forum and would attract a lot of scallies. How many valves Wesa's Golf GTI has may become the most intellectual topic on here as well as which which sports shops have the weakest security guards.

The site currently has a very tiny elite about it which seperates it from the likes of studentuk, virginstudent and funky, it will be a shame to loose that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)

i don't get how these are advantages personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    You didn't submit one?
    Do you read your PM's?

ReputationRep:
    Do you read your PM's?
    yeah have you read your pm's recently as i would appreciate a reply if it is possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    My worry is this that if the audience was extended to wide this would become a UK youth forum and would attract a lot of scallies. How many valves Wesa's Golf GTI has may become the most intellectual topic on here as well as which which sports shops have the weakest security guards.

The site currently has a very tiny elite about it which seperates it from the likes of studentuk, virginstudent and funky, it will be a shame to loose that.
    It seems to me to be half-way there already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)

1) Memorable
    2) Ownable

I don't think it reflects the community that exists, and can't see how the community would actually reflect that after the changes.

p.s. Have you picked the forum software yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomplete)
    yeah have you read your pm's recently as i would appreciate a reply if it is possible
    Is that to me or d?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumanGael)
    It seems to me to be half-way there already.
    It is going that way especialy general chat. It is still no where near as bad as Funky or UKCHAT is though. Those sites have to be seen to believed. Studentuk is just empty these days, virginstudent is a strong UKl competitor and thats getting more serious as this one is getting less :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is that to me or d?
    d

it also sounds like you stole it of 'wanadoo broadband' not too original imo
    You think that they're that similar? This was raised, but I didn't think it was terribly similar, particularly on paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    You think that they're that similar? This was raised, but I didn't think it was terribly similar, particularly on paper.
    They sound pretty similar to me, besides any name you choose no matter how weird it sound can be gotten used to, just as google sounded weird to anyone upon hearing it for the first time. But i just dont think Banadoo is the 'best' name at the moment, why dont you put a poll for the two or 'more' names your considering?

ReputationRep:
    They sound pretty similar to me, besides any name you choose no matter how weird it sound can be gotten used to, just as google sounded weird to anyone upon hearing it for the first time. But i just dont think Banadoo is the 'best' name at the moment, why dont you put a poll for the two or 'more' names your considering?
    I agree.

However, I guess if you decided to add a search engine banaboo might be the one to keep.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that UKL is a lot easier to say casually rather than banaboo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    However, I guess if you decided to add a search engine banaboo might be the one to keep.
    Yeah..i reckon it sounds like a search engine...not a student forum.

G

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be

cyrus.co.uk

or

Siroos.co.uk

or

faraang.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    411's learning forums sounds good :cool:

I think the new site name isn't very good.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.