Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Something like usd.com would be better (The united sites of d) or usl.com (united sites of learning)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Its rather like Royal Mail changing their name to concentrica because it sounded modern, after just one year it was called Royal Mail again.
    Consignia

Cost them millions that did, and all for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Consignia

Cost them millions that did, and all for nothing.
    Thats it, I think Concentrica is the new name for British Gas (i.e United Unitlities) or somthing like that.

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be

cyrus.co.uk

or

Siroos.co.uk

or

faraang.co.uk

or

woopedia (favourite)

ReputationRep:
    Damn. I thought I had £50 in my pocket there. Should have submitted my entry earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    I think it should be

cyrus.co.uk

or

Siroos.co.uk

or

faraang.co.uk

or

woopedia (favourite)
    Why?

My suggestion was compendium.net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Why?

My suggestion was compendium.net
    ya but its too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    it also sounds like you stole it of 'wanadoo broadband' not too original imo
    I agree, was the first thing I thought of. Doesn't have any 'x's or 'z's in the name either, which is always a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I agree, was the first thing I thought of. Doesn't have any 'x's or 'z's in the name either, which is always a bad thing
    Be careful.....you might start erring towards chav-dom

G

ReputationRep:
    My contribution:
    Well, at the moment Uk-learning kinda describes what this place is. Banaboo just sounds a bit random.
    Does anyone remember what happened when Royal Mail changed to consignia?? Well I feel this is the same and we don't want UKL following the same path.

My message to d, this site is great, please leave it as it is

ReputationRep:
    The thing I don't like about it is that it sounds silly.. I couldn't imagine actually saying it out loud without feeling faintly ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    dont change it. UKL is great as it is. anyway, people will still call it UKL, evn if the site name becomes something silly. its nice to type too
    ukl ukl ukl ukl ukl ukl ukl :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    The thing I don't like about it is that it sounds silly.. I couldn't imagine actually saying it out loud without feeling faintly ridiculous!
    I agree and i'm having trouble remembering where what letter goes where..

ReputationRep:
    I like the name. We chose a site name a well ago for email addresses and had great fun thinking of one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Do you like the name? What does it make you think of? What do you associate it with? I would really appreciate any reactions and comments.

Many Thanks,
    d.
    Well, personally, i think its great. I like the way its really original and catchy. It sticks in the mind and that will help with the old word of mouth. Its kinda in line with modern names such as wanadoo and ocado. I wouldn't associate it with learning etc but I wouldn't worry about that. Much better to have something that people will remember.

Its better than anything I came up with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Well, personally, i think its great. I like the way its really original and catchy. It sticks in the mind and that will help with the old word of mouth. Its kinda in line with modern names such as wanadoo and ocado. I wouldn't associate it with learning etc but I wouldn't worry about that. Much better to have something that people will remember.

remove 'na' and put 'm' and you have bamboo

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't really like it.

Sounds really childish - like playschool speak *shrug* Like that program boobah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

Google is this site's biggest source of members, and I think that no matter what the description of the site is, people are going to be a little wary of whether or not bonaboo will have what they are looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Yeah, "I'm a moderator of banaboo!" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    You could say google is an odd, slightly childish sounding name, but that doesn't matter because its a household name now and after you've used it you forget your initial conceptions based purely on the name, and start to associate the name with the actual content/service.
    d is hoping for billionairre status, no doubt Banaboo will be floated on the stock market soon

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.