x Turn on thread page Beta

New Site Name watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I suppose it could be for a limited company?
    Yeah..that's what i thought it might be..in which case we wouldn't be allowed to use it would we?

Hell.....i don't even know if anyone likes it!

G

ReputationRep:
    Wow......www.uk-fusion.net is free...and guess what...you can register it from 1p!!!!!! There's even a 10 year option :eek:

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Wow......www.uk-fusion.net is free...and guess what...you can register it from 1p!!!!!! There's even a 10 year option :eek:

G
    *goes to register www.uk-fusion.net and sell it back to d for £200*

ReputationRep:
    *goes to register www.uk-fusion.net and sell it back to d for £200*
    uk-fusion is a good name I reckon, the whole thing depends on what we are being merged with tho, if we knew that then we'd be able to give a proper opinion on banaboo

ReputationRep:
    unless we're being merged with a bananna grower, then banaboo isn't to my liking.

ReputationRep:
    G -
    I like uk-fusion.net! it sounds cool

ReputationRep:
    I thought of something similar, also Minerva, a goddess of wisdom (still linked with learning)
    And also the head of Griffindor at Hogwarts (which is still learning!)

ReputationRep:
    Be aware that Fusion is one of those big christian convert-everyone-in-the-world organisations. But I will admit that uk-fusion has a nice ring...

Banaboo is really banana-y - sorry d but that was the first thing I thought of too...! Having said that - how big is this enterprise? If it's going to be massive then you might well find that banaboo works better, as it IS very memorable. Also anything with UK in the title might be restrictive if you're looking for a global market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Do you like the name? What does it make you think of? What do you associate it with? I would really appreciate any reactions and comments.

Many Thanks,
    d.
    what's it's derevation???

I have to admit to thinking bananas too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    banaboo.com

Do you like the name? What does it make you think of? What do you associate it with? I would really appreciate any reactions and comments.

Many Thanks,
    d.
    To tell you the truth I hate it, it makes this place sound like a lunatic asylum. I know theres now going to be comments that it is, but not all parts of it are. I don't think its catchy, I just think its silly, and all it does is assocaite this site with mad people or bananas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Be aware that Fusion is one of those big christian convert-everyone-in-the-world organisations. But I will admit that uk-fusion has a nice ring...

Banaboo is really banana-y - sorry d but that was the first thing I thought of too...! Having said that - how big is this enterprise? If it's going to be massive then you might well find that banaboo works better, as it IS very memorable. Also anything with UK in the title might be restrictive if you're looking for a global market.
    thats true actually. we can't really pass judgment on 'banaboo' until we know more about the aims for the new site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Well, personally, i think its great. I like the way its really original and catchy. It sticks in the mind and that will help with the old word of mouth. Its kinda in line with modern names such as wanadoo and ocado. I wouldn't associate it with learning etc but I wouldn't worry about that. Much better to have something that people will remember.

Its better than anything I came up with!

Flobble.com

just as randon, silly, doesn't rhyme with wanado and doesn't remind my of bananas and monkeys!

ReputationRep:
    also flubber...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    also flubber...
    That's what I thought too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    also flubber...
    flubber rocks!

ReputationRep:
    Banaboo, banaboo........

No.

Come on, how will I feel saying that at school with my friends, "Oh I looked on Banaboo and found out this".

What about the maths teachers telling the year 11 students where to go to cheat on their coursework? "If you go on, erm, Banaboo, you can discuss the coursework and one or two teachers will be on there".

Are you going to turn this into a whole lot more than just a forum (come on, who actually uses the directory...) or try and keep it as a UK-orientated student forum? It's a pity you can't get something academic in the name. Banaboo is memorable but just sounds so random and childish, and would only work well if you had a whole lot of marketing to make the place known to all, so rather than seeing it come up on Google and wondering what the hell it is people come here in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Willla2's suggestion of 'Memedex,' pity it's taken, and 'Sortal' - they're memorable, and don't sound so childish.

ReputationRep:
    Monkeypoo.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateMedic)
    Monkeypoo.com
    Taken

ReputationRep:
    people used to have the same attitude about "google" ("google - sounfs like googoo gaga its childish i wont use it") and now look at it, one of the most popular website franchises around

its not the name that matters, but the contents

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.