Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else here Lucid Dream? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    omg howwww i wanna lucid dream so bad.
    Iv had some odd dreams hahah but i can hardly remember them when I wake up.

Spoiler:
    Show

hi again

I find it easy to dream/daydream
    I've had some horrible nightmares too - just no.
    :I
    Sometimes it's best not to :/
    Spoiler:
    Show

HELLO :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Sort of do very regularly. Definitely not in the conventional sense, but I have this unusual ability in which, if I'm in the middle of a dream and I don't like the way it's going, at any given moment I can take control and be like "Anyways, sod this, I'm gonna wake myself up now." and then wake up instantly. Every time it happens I just think how cool it is and then go straight back to sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I find it easy to dream/daydream
    I've had some horrible nightmares too - just no.
    :I
    Sometimes it's best not to :/
    Spoiler:
    Show

HELLO :ahee:

ahh lucky!
    omg yh me too there soo spooky but when i wake up im like damn that was sick lool

ReputationRep:
    I can do whatever I like in my dreams and often remember (and enjoy thinking about them, I love my dreaming) them quite well. Happens a lot to be honest, and a tactic for them (at least for me) is to simply drift back and forth or linger around before sleeping, it helps quite a bit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Sort of do very regularly. Definitely not in the conventional sense, but I have this unusual ability in which, if I'm in the middle of a dream and I don't like the way it's going, at any given moment I can take control and be like "Anyways, sod this, I'm gonna wake myself up now." and then wake up instantly. Every time it happens I just think how cool it is and then go straight back to sleep
    How? :cry2: Even for nightmares?
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    ahh lucky!
    omg yh me too there soo spooky but when i wake up im like damn that was sick lool
    yeah :hide:

(Original post by Khanthebrit)
    I only ever remember having one once. As soon as I realized I was dreaming, I got too excited and woke up!

I've always wanted to Lucid dream but it doesn't seem like a simple task and almost takes lots of research to achieve it. The thought of going into sleep paralysis is a bit scary and kind of puts me off it though!
    Sleep paralysis isn't as bad or common as people imply, depending on your method. I've had quite a few lucid dreams, and only had sleep paralysis twice afaik, and while one time it was really terrifying, the other time it was fine.

It is a lot easier than you'd think. You can take shortcuts - for example, wake up at 3am and stay awake for 10 minutes to wake your mind up a bit, then go back to sleep; this is what I have been doing*, and I went to having my first lucid dreams for a few years (albeit still very short) after only a few nights of doing this. If you don't want to disturb your sleep so much, or if you are a deeper sleeper, then it will take longer, but again, still very little effort compared to what you get as a result.

*Although I admit that when I wake up, it sometimes takes me actually around 1.5 hours to get back to sleep - but I think that is quite unusual, I am a very light sleeper.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    No Always wanted one though

Every night
    Sometimes they get - weird...
    Sometimes they can be helpful: ie: I will dream about potential scenarios for the following day and therefore can make more informed decisions about what to do in them? :erm:
    My old Psychology teacher said something about the dreams you remember having now actually happened 2 weeks ago. I don't know how much of this is true but I have never forgotten this.
    Interesting :beard:
    Every day?! Why the squiggly face then?

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe once? And I did wake up very soon after... [It was quite a naughty one too] :blush:

My dreams are either really, really random, or include things I've seen in the past day, but don't really remember paying attention to. So say if I saw a school friend passing in the corridor, I would not remember seeing them, nor would I dwell upon the memory of their face. But my dream may include it, as if it's only the subconscious stuff it's using (which is kinda the point, I guess) :dontknow:

Gimme some pointers guys :please:

ReputationRep:
    How? :cry2: Even for nightmares?
    I have no idea, just an ability I've developed over the past 5 years without actually aiming to :lol: I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare really, because as soon as the dream starts going pear-shaped I'm outta there and I totally forget what the dream was about by the morning

(Original post by BrainyBengali)
    Gimme some pointers guys:please:
    Probably some useful info here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...id_dream_what/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...he_founder_of/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlike...dreaming_real/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I sort of do. a few years ago I had a dream I was watchingsome fireworks with Prince William & Kate. I think it depends how much sleep I get. If it was a good I did write about 2 down.might start doing that again.hmm.
    dreams are fascinating stuff

(Original post by serah.exe)
    Yes, and it's ****ing amazing :daydreaming:
    How long are your lucid dreams?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Every day?! Why the squiggly face then?
    Ratio of nightmares:not nightmares is about 6:2 maybe
    that's why
    I'm also counting creepily accurate ones as nightmares as well...
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I have no idea, just an ability I've developed over the past 5 years without actually aiming to :lol: I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare really, because as soon as the dream starts going pear-shaped I'm outta there and I totally forget what the dream was about by the morning
    ah gosh if you ever find out pls tell me
    if it's heroin I tried that
    Spoiler:
    Show

jk just zucker

Ratio of nightmares:not nightmares is about 6:2 maybe
    that's why
    I'm also counting creepily accurate ones as nightmares as well...
    Are you sure they are lucid dreams if they are nightmares...?

A lucid dream is one where you are aware you are dreaming; usually that also means you can control them, more than enough to prevent it from being a nightmare.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they are lucid dreams if they are nightmares...?

A lucid dream is one where you are aware you are dreaming; usually that also means you can control them, more than enough to prevent it from being a nightmare.
    Yes I control them from being awful nightmares to trying not to die in them
    ie: I will make the decision to hide instead of standing there and etc... :hide:

ReputationRep:
    Every time I get lucid, I get so excited that I wake up. Longest I've stayed lucid for has been maybe a couple of minutes.

But I've had pretty awesome non-lucid dreams as side-effects. I have the best dreams. Nobody builds better dreams than I do.
    I've experienced inception several times before the movie came out.

It's actually annoying af.

ReputationRep:
    Any advice on trying to conjure up a Lucid Dream tonight? You don't know the things I would really want to do.......

(Original post by Khanthebrit)
    Any advice on trying to conjure up a Lucid Dream tonight? You don't know the things I would really want to do.......
    Takes longer than 1 night to learn...

ReputationRep:
    And if not, why the hell not?
    a few weeks ago i had a dream which started off where i was looking at duvets to buy one (which i have actually recently been doing) and then it turned into a nightmare. i thought to myself in the dream 'don't worry it's only a dream you'll wake up in a minute' then I WOKE UP IN MY DREAM and couldn't move then i actually woke up. I'm very confused about what was going on with this dream

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.