Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone else here Lucid Dream? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The trick with lucid dreaming is to not use it to interrupt or prevent other dreams and nightmares. Dreams are our mind's way of processing and you can create massive problems for yourself if you don't let your mind use all of its creativity in the subconscious to work through it. I know this because I used to lucid dream to control my dreams and prevent nightmares. It meant none of my trauma was getting processed and I couldn't emotionally connect within that.

The mind is pretty amazing. I've had within dream dissociation (I have ddnos) and one particular nightmare prompted within dream dissociation rather than lucid dreaming

ReputationRep:
    I used to always try to lucid dream but whenever I was in the dream, the second I'd realise it was a dream, I'd get too excited about it and wake myself up.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    And if not, why the hell not?
    Yes, I learnt how when I was around 8 and have done ever since.

(Original post by Kyx)
    Yes, I learnt how when I was around 8 and have done ever since.
    How often and how long are your lucid dreams?

And what kind of stuff do you do in them?

ReputationRep:
    How often and how long are your lucid dreams?

Every night, approx 30 minutes

And what kind of stuff do you do in them?
    Play football, chess, and generally be a boss with that ninja ****.

(Original post by Kyx)
    Play football, chess, and generally be a boss with that ninja ****.
    You play chess against yourself (your subconscious)?

Its also interesting because I had assumed that things like that wouldn't work that well in dreams. I mean, some dreams I seem to forget how many arms a person is meant to have (I have a third arm uselessly drooping off my body? Okay!)

ReputationRep:
    You play chess against yourself (your subconscious)?

Its also interesting because I had assumed that things like that wouldn't work that well in dreams. I mean, some dreams I seem to forget how many arms a person is meant to have (I have a third arm uselessly drooping off my body? Okay!)
    I control the moves of the opponent

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.