Matched Betting Thread #2 Watch

Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
WH golden goal on again tomorrow, it's triggered 4 times in a row now making over £100 profit
khanpatel321
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Reue)
Absolutely. Do the free trial on Profit Accumulator to make your first £45 and get the hang of it. Then if you want to keep going I'd recommend buying the monthly/yearly membership and just work through the guides. The easy welcome offers alone will make you several hundred pounds.
Thanks I just started..

I signed up on betfair when it had the 500 quid 0 commission offer .. hopefully I get commission back ...

I did the coral bet and made 14 quid... 14 free quid pretty sweet honestly
Did the betfred offer got to wait 10 hours to get free bets.

Then signed up for a 7 day trial to profit accumulator for 1 quid, they have an offer going... to anyone who is just starting, do the free offers they have then go for this trial it's deffo worth.

Just did the skybet offer after signing up with profit accumulator, turns out they changed the offer to free 30 quid bet rather than 20 quid , but as i was putting in the final bet it went through on sky but on betfair the odds went from 4.2 --> 4.3 .. i just used the same amount of money that it said to use on the calculator i dunno if this was correct thing to do? what would u do in this situation since it went up by 0.1 i assumed it doesn't really matter?

I'm trying to maximise the amount of money I will make of these offers it seems to me that you can only seem to get a few extra quid if u chose higher lay odds but then you have to add way more liability... I don't think this is worth?

Also I feel like these betting sites do a good job at pulling you in... remember guys don't gamble on them.... I imagine some people who get into matched betting end up actually betting... hopefully this does not become one of us
Mainline421
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by khanpatel321)
Just did the skybet offer after signing up with profit accumulator, turns out they changed the offer to free 30 quid bet rather than 20 quid , but as i was putting in the final bet it went through on sky but on betfair the odds went from 4.2 --> 4.3 .. i just used the same amount of money that it said to use on the calculator i dunno if this was correct thing to do? what would u do in this situation since it went up by 0.1 i assumed it doesn't really matter?

I'm trying to maximise the amount of money I will make of these offers it seems to me that you can only seem to get a few extra quid if u chose higher lay odds but then you have to add way more liability... I don't think this is worth?
You can just change the price on the calculator to 4.3, it will probably make a couple of pounds difference if you don't adjust as you'll see reflected in your liability. I used odds of around 4 for free bets when starting out but to maximise profit you should target at least 80% retention i.e £8 from a £10 FB, it is worth it as it doesn't cost anything, you get the money back either way so these days I'll use often FBs at prices of 20 or higher. The only real consideration is the opportunity cost (whether you could make more from having the money available for other things).
khanpatel321
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mainline421)
You can just change the price on the calculator to 4.3, it will probably make a couple of pounds difference if you don't adjust as you'll see reflected in your liability. I used odds of around 4 for free bets when starting out but to maximise profit you should target at least 80% retention i.e £8 from a £10 FB, it is worth it as it doesn't cost anything, you get the money back either way so these days I'll use often FBs at prices of 20 or higher. The only real consideration is the opportunity cost (whether you could make more from having the money available for other things).
Yeah I realised after as I was playing with the calculator for fun that you can just change the odds in the calculator

Yeah i'm trying for 80% returns on free bets now... I just didn't want to add more money onto the exchange, kind of had a trust issue with it... but now I realise it's a legit site and they won't steal my money
khanpatel321
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did the ladbrokes offer yesterday...

deposited 5 quid made a 5 quid bet on x...

and made 4 free 5 quid bets on y

I logged onto ladbrokes site today an i had 11.50 in my balance this is the money from the bet on x it had won

But in my logs it says I put two 5 pound bets on x but I only put one 5 pound bet on x using 5 pound i deposited.

But then from the four free bets on y it said one of the bets odds had changed from 11 to 13...

So I just used 5 pound from my 11.50 balance to place this bet on y with the increased odds... is this what I should have done? I feel like I messed this up and would have been better served to place a 6.50 free bet on something else :dontknow:

did it place one of my free bets onto event x automatically because the odds had changed for one of my free bets on event y? but i'm pretty sure I had the bets confirmed when I placed them initially :confused:
Aqua boy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How do betting exchanges work?

If I put £20 to win then if I win to receive the bet does someone else have to put £20 to lose?
dylantombides
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm really struggling with matched betting. Would someone be kind enough to patiently walk me through doing each offer step by step? I'm happy to use any referral codes/links you may have in return but just warning you... you'll have to treat me like I'm thick!!
AlexGambler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
As for me, I prefer betting exchanges for one reason. Instead of being limited to the odds set by bookies, and only having an option to back the result site, the betting exchange facilitates users to go head-to-head against each other and create their own markets - one backing and one laying
Last edited by AlexGambler; 1 month ago
khanpatel321
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by dylantombides)
I'm really struggling with matched betting. Would someone be kind enough to patiently walk me through doing each offer step by step? I'm happy to use any referral codes/links you may have in return but just warning you... you'll have to treat me like I'm thick!!
did u watch the videos ? which one did u start with?

I can help you out if you want but have you tried the videos of profit accumulator how are you accessing the offers? the vids on profit accumulator are very well explained and you can make like 40 quid using the free trial... there are three free videos start with coral.

If you decide to become a plat member can you PM me and I will send u my referral link :P
Last edited by khanpatel321; 2 months ago
khanpatel321
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
omg I had a matched bet on liverpool 3-1

I could have won 900 quid it was close it was 3-1 up until like the 55th min..

imagine if it had stayed as 3-1

EDIT - Wait a min i would not have won 900 quid since i would have lost on betfair and hence lost my liability .... and my i would have just 'won' my liability back lol :P
Last edited by khanpatel321; 2 months ago
khanpatel321
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Aqua boy)
How do betting exchanges work?

If I put £20 to win then if I win to receive the bet does someone else have to put £20 to lose?
I'm a noob myself to be honest but I think the way it works is you would only be able to bet an amount which is avaiable in the market...
so yeah u could only bet 20quid if someone else had bet 20 quid for you to bet against.,
Heidihi7894
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've been using Yesbets for years and find them the easiest of the paid services. Just got an email through and you can get a month free of Premium.. ideal for completing all the signup offers and making £500 with oddsmatcher.
dkimbo1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Heidihi7894)
I've been using Yesbets for years and find them the easiest of the paid services. Just got an email through and you can get a month free of Premium.. ideal for completing all the signup offers and making £500 with oddsmatcher.

Just enter FREE on the join page:
https://www.yesbets.co.uk/join/
is yesbets not more of a platform that suggests bets for you rather than an exchange such as betfair and betconnect where you can place bets?
Aqua boy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which betting website takes commission off your bets?

Betfair not good for career gamblers as I need to find someone else to match my bet which will be hard.
Reue
Rep:
?
(Original post by dkimbo1234)
I have been using ...
You created an account just for this? Far too obvious as advertisement spam.
Reue
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aqua boy)
Which betting website takes commission off your bets?

Betfair not good for career gamblers as I need to find someone else to match my bet which will be hard.
This thread isnt about gambling
dkimbo1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Reue)
You created an account just for this? Far too obvious as advertisement spam.
Unfortunately not otherwise I wouldnt need to still be match betting! I created an account as my old one was linked with my uni email which I cant access anymore. I was hoping to get some advice as used to use betfair then got recommended betconnect. A few drawbacks to it but was hoping for some help from people with much more experience than myself as to whether being sucked in by 0%
Reue
Rep:
?
(Original post by dkimbo1234)
Unfortunately not otherwise I wouldnt need to still be match betting! I created an account as my old one was linked with my uni email which I cant access anymore. I was hoping to get some advice as used to use betfair then got recommended betconnect. A few drawbacks to it but was hoping for some help from people with much more experience than myself as to whether being sucked in by 0%
Smarkets has 0% commission and doesnt rely upon you placing arbs on behalf of others.
bwebber12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AlexGambler)
As for me, I prefer betting exchanges for one reason. Instead of being limited to the odds set by bookies, and only having an option to back the result site, the betting exchange facilitates users to go head-to-head against each other and create their own markets - one backing and one laying
i'm only just starting tog et my head around this, which betting exchange do you use?
rfrasier12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
betfair or smarkets are pretty safe bets
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (176)
48.89%
No (44)
12.22%
I'm not old enough (140)
38.89%

Watched Threads