The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by rockrunride
Epsom offers a bit disappointing, PP with the only decent one. Still not signed up with B365, very good offer there but needs a huge bankroll.

I dont recall Epsom really having many offers anyway
Starting to realise this isn't really for me tbh. Managed to cut into profit to the tune of £90 this weekend through a mixture of gambling, shady new customer terms and chasing. Rule number 1. Don't gamble. Too tempted to break that rule every time I see lay odds jump around. It takes discipline and patience and probably not being a fan of the sport you're betting on.
Reply 522
Starting to realise this isn't really for me tbh. Managed to cut into profit to the tune of £90 this weekend through a mixture of gambling, shady new customer terms and chasing. Rule number 1. Don't gamble. Too tempted to break that rule every time I see lay odds jump around. It takes discipline and patience and probably not being a fan of the sport you're betting on.

Lay odds shouldnt be moving much unless you're betting inplay or very close to race starts.
Original post by Reue
Lay odds shouldnt be moving much unless you're betting inplay or very close to race starts.

Unfortunately for me I'm doing both of those things! Gonna stick around for a few more weeks and then knock it on the head.
LOADS of offers on FA Cup final today and for once my cashback at Goodwood offer came in. Not gambled (have strictly matched all bets) since the above post (2 weeks ago) so a positive change.

Edit: just been gubbed by Boylesports and Paddypower, sad times
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 525
Edit: just been gubbed by Boylesports and Paddypower, sad times

Boyle gubbed me the day I signed up, no great loss!
hi do any of you have any promo codes
Reply 527
Original post by qqewrty1
hi do any of you have any promo codes

For what? I've got a link for 50% off Profit Accumulator, no code needed.
Reply 528
Ive worked my way through all the Bonus Accumulator signups now and made about £800, im liking the website and tracking system. Anyone else signed up yet? If youre interested here's a 50% off link I copied from a group: Bonus Accumulator 50% off first month.

also doing well off the William hill 2nd place refunds. And it looks like accas are making a big return this seasons! $$$
Original post by Reue
Ive worked my way through all the Bonus Accumulator signups now and made about £800, im liking the website and tracking system. Anyone else signed up yet? If youre interested here's a 50% off link I copied from a group: Bonus Accumulator 50% off first month.

also doing well off the William hill 2nd place refunds. And it looks like accas are making a big return this seasons! $$$

How are you working the racing refunds? I find that it’s really hit and miss to score any profit, especially as effectively betting on a win and a second place are about as unlikely as each other. Probably about only one in five races would I get anything from Paddypower before being gubbed (the horse only had to place).
Reply 530
How are you working the racing refunds? I find that it’s really hit and miss to score any profit, especially as effectively betting on a win and a second place are about as unlikely as each other. Probably about only one in five races would I get anything from Paddypower before being gubbed (the horse only had to place).

I aim for lower odds if possible and then an acceptable qualifying loss, typically anything less than £1 at odds of 5 or less. 50p at odds of 10 etc.
Bet365 really are a dream. Best introductory offer in the land and then keep on giving with the bet 25 get 25. Sweet cash.
Bet365 really are a dream. Best introductory offer in the land and then keep on giving with the bet 25 get 25. Sweet cash.

That should be bet £50 get £50 btw, probably worth increasing your stakes! :smile:

2up is the best thing Bet365 offer imo but it takes a lot of bets and can be many months without a profit.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mainline421
That should be bet £50 get £50 btw, probably worth increasing your stakes! :smile:

2up is the best thing Bet365 offer imo but it takes a lot of bets and can be many months without a profit.

Ah ok cheers. Thing is I only tend to use them when the offer's on so that's why I'm not getting better terms there. Maybe should try working a bit harder and doing mug bets trying to score cash from 2up a bit, though I've not done too well in the past on offers that incorporate an element of risk - horse placing refunds for example.
Ah ok cheers. Thing is I only tend to use them when the offer's on so that's why I'm not getting better terms there. Maybe should try working a bit harder and doing mug bets trying to score cash from 2up a bit, though I've not done too well in the past on offers that incorporate an element of risk - horse placing refunds for example.

2up is a very long term offer and requires a larger bankroll, I went months without hitting one then finally hit from Torino for £££s the other day. But it probably wouldn't hurt to place a few £100 bets to get the free bets up to £50 (don't worry about making them look like mug bets as long as there not blatant arbs I'd just focus on value).
Hi are there any kind souls who can help me with grabbing betfair historical data from here?

https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home

i want football only from 2015 to now. basic plan which is free.

i am currently residing outside of the UK and they wont let me log in, which is required to download the data.

Once you download, it should be in a csv file, you can upload it else where so that i can download.

please :emo: i need help for this once
Original post by HucktheForde
Hi are there any kind souls who can help me with grabbing betfair historical data from here?

https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home

i want football only from 2015 to now. basic plan which is free.

i am currently residing outside of the UK and they wont let me log in, which is required to download the data.

Once you download, it should be in a csv file, you can upload it else where so that i can download.

please :emo: i need help for this once

I just got back to the UK, and have downloaded this. Appears to be a .tar file whatever that is, DM me.
Update: If people still have PP, they're probably the best bookie now for offers... price boosts like each day, the acca refund, weekly rewards club, money back special as usual. Next thing is the 26th (Boxing day) free bet. Betfair Exchange giving out free bets too... went 8% commission with them and just use smarkets for 0% comission lay.
Original post by pereira325
Update: If people still have PP, they're probably the best bookie now for offers... price boosts like each day, the acca refund, weekly rewards club, money back special as usual. Next thing is the 26th (Boxing day) free bet. Betfair Exchange giving out free bets too... went 8% commission with them and just use smarkets for 0% comission lay.

Agreed, they pop up all the time on offer sites. Unfortunately I’m gubbed, but 365 and others still giving quite nicely.
Cheltenham proving decent so far. Particulary enjoying the Sky Bet refunds on the 13.20.

Latest

Trending

Trending