Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So glad the footie is back! $$$

Was barely scraping £1k the past couple of months, now up to £2k already for August

ReputationRep:
    http://moneymakersreviewed.co.uk/mat...ng-worth-2017/

What Are Bookmakers Currently Doing to Stop Matched Betting?

Now more than ever, bookmakers are closing accounts left right and centre. There doesn’t need to be any real need for an infraction in order to allow them to do this either. In fact, a lot of bookmakers have it written into their terms and conditions that they can simply close your account without giving you any prior notice of this.

For example, Ladbrokes say that “We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any reason”. Betfair say that “Either we or you may suspend or terminate you account at any time, either with or without cause”. Bet 365 say “bet365 reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time and for any reason”. This goes on and on and it is something that a lot of bookmakers are using to stop those that they suspect of matched betting.

I really want to start doing this and literally have my credit card in my hand but as Im over cautious, Im still hesitant over things like the article above

I believe absolutely that the bets and offers are risk free but Im scared that I could lose money in other ways from companies knowing Im doing matched betting?

(I am a matched betting noob and only started reading articles 10 minutes ago xD )

ReputationRep:
    ForestShadow
    I really hope they don't take action. I've been researching matched betting for the best part of yesterday and today to make sure ProfitAccumulator is legit and how people consistently make those figures.

Reue Thanks for the advice. Do you know if PA shows the ways to prevent yourself from getting gubbed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal)
    ForestShadow
    I really hope they don't take action. I've been researching matched betting for the best part of yesterday and today to make sure ProfitAccumulator is legit and how people consistently make those figures.

Reue Thanks for the advice. Do you know if PA shows the ways to prevent yourself from getting gubbed?
    I guess if the bets are resolved you wont lose any money though which is the important thing. I have no experience so many Reue has heard stories of closing accounts before and whether existing bets are resolved :holmes:

PA sounds real good but its not free, team profit has some great week by week options that seem quite nice too

https://www.teamprofit.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    I guess if the bets are resolved you wont lose any money though which is the important thing. I have no experience so many Reue has heard stories of closing accounts before and whether existing bets are resolved :holmes:

PA sounds real good but its not free, team profit has some great week by week options that seem quite nice too

https://www.teamprofit.com/
    PA is not free but its well worth the investment. You get a month free trial which you can earn £45, enough to pay for two months.

ReputationRep:
    PA is not free but its well worth the investment. You get a month free trial which you can earn £45, enough to pay for two months.
    there are some really good step by step ones on team profit, worth a check Id say

https://www.teamprofit.com/weekly-offers

https://www.teamprofit.com/which-plan-should-i-follow

ReputationRep:

https://www.guidetomatchedbetting.co...s-gubbed-mean/

https://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/...at-does-it-do/

theres some tips generally about how to prevent yourself from being gubbed

something that keeps coming up is that you cant get to much profit from sites as they monitor high profit accounts and also ones that take advantage of promotional deals

isnt this dangerous for beginners at matched betting?

I doubt very few mix up the type of bets and throw in a few 'normal risk' bets to avoid being gubbed, also new comers like myself always almost soley use promotional deals?

thanks for any help anyone
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    https://www.guidetomatchedbetting.co...s-gubbed-mean/

https://www.profitaccumulator.co.uk/...at-does-it-do/

theres some tips generally about how to prevent yourself from being gubbed

something that keeps coming up is that you cant get to much profit from sites as they monitor high profit accounts and also ones that take advantage of promotional deals

isnt this dangerous for beginners at matched betting?

I doubt very few mix up the type of bets and throw in a few 'normal risk' bets to avoid being gubbed, also new comers like myself always almost soley use promotional deals?

thanks for any help anyone
    Never knew you did matched betting.

I don't think there's a way to prevent it? I got gubbed on Coral like 5 months after I placed a bet, it's so sporadic that you can't tell when it will happen. Just don't be too obvious with your bets I guess, not sure how because I've not done this in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

I don't think there's a way to prevent it? I got gubbed on Coral like 5 months after I placed a bet, it's so sporadic that you can't tell when it will happen. Just don't be too obvious with your bets I guess, not sure how because I've not done this in years.
    I never knew I did either :lol: until 30mins ago that is

Desperate times call for desperate measures, have to get ready to pay uni accommodation rent and my maintenance only just about does it xD

I suppose you are right with the obvious thing, but what would be a giveaway? just the fact you always make a profit? or the frequency of the bets? :holmes:

also did you ever use ProfitAccumulator or did you do matched betting without a week by week online guide?

I plan to use a week by week guide site ( Teamprofit ) which is free, PA has a great reputation but I think I can make similar profits in a short timescale ( I only want to do this short term for a quick boost for uni rent aha) :ninja:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I never knew I did either :lol: until 30mins ago that is

Desperate times call for desperate measures, have to get ready to pay uni accommodation rent and my maintenance only just about does it xD

I suppose you are right with the obvious thing, but what would be a giveaway? just the fact you always make a profit? or the frequency of the bets? :holmes:

also did you ever use ProfitAccumulator or did you do matched betting without a week by week online guide?

I plan to use a week by week guide site ( Teamprofit ) which is free, PA has a great reputation but I think I can make similar profits in a short timescale ( I only want to do this short term for a quick boost for uni rent aha) :ninja:
    Frequency I guess... If you win on the bookie side and then immediately withdraw or trying to roll over your wage requirements lol... Yeah that raises some red flags, space out your bets if that happens.

I just used a simple calculator (you can find these anywhere) and had a spreadsheet of all the bookies that I completed and ones that I wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Frequency I guess... If you win on the bookie side and then immediately withdraw or trying to roll over your wage requirements lol... Yeah that raises some red flags, space out your bets if that happens.

I just used a simple calculator (you can find these anywhere) and had a spreadsheet of all the bookies that I completed and ones that I wanted to do.
    I guess I will wait a bit before withdrawing/betting further then, thanks for the tip, Im a complete noob lmao

Ill look our for calculators too! I hear its quite hard to keep making solid profit after the initial offers are gone so Im not too optimistic for using this long term anyway

were there many bookies you used? did you even use the less reputable/famous bookies to any success?

ReputationRep:
    I want to cry I signed up to PA and I was going through the step by step process.

It told me to create an account with Coral and Betfair in order to complete the free trial. The problem is, I stupidly created those 2 bookie accounts a year ago without much research and pulled out. I was using a different website without much knowledge.

It means I'm not really a newbie when it comes to creating the new account and getting the free bets from those 2 bookies.

Is there a way around to using PA but perhaps getting a reload offer from those 2 bookies or other new customer offers from different bookies??

Do I need to be a platinum member to see the offers from other bookies?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I guess I will wait a bit before withdrawing/betting further then, thanks for the tip, Im a complete noob lmao

Ill look our for calculators too! I hear its quite hard to keep making solid profit after the initial offers are gone so Im not too optimistic for using this long term anyway

were there many bookies you used? did you even use the less reputable/famous bookies to any success?
    I used all the major ones and some of the smaller ones that had a good reputation.

I think you just have to keep an eye on the best odds. I think oddsmonkey is good because it shows you how much you make on each bet.

ReputationRep:
    PA costs money. Over £200/year. So does Oddsmonkey. Team profit is basically a sales tool for Oddsmonkey and doesn't have any software. Try WinningStrategy. Co UK. Free, has the best oddsmatching software and has over £1000 in free guides (Vs PA £45 in free ones)
    (Original post by UWS)
    I used all the major ones and some of the smaller ones that had a good reputation.

I think you just have to keep an eye on the best odds. I think oddsmonkey is good because it shows you how much you make on each bet.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to start doing this and literally have my credit card in my hand but as Im over cautious, Im still hesitant over things like the article above

I believe absolutely that the bets and offers are risk free but Im scared that I could lose money in other ways from companies knowing Im doing matched betting?

(I am a matched betting noob and only started reading articles 10 minutes ago xD )
    Well I've been going 2 years now and still going strong. Yes, you will lose a few accounts however theres still plenty of others and ways to make money even from the gubbed ones. I'm up over £2k this month, will probably break 3k over this long weekend.

ReputationRep:
    Best way is to just look like a normal punter. Don't signup and bet £200 on a 2nd ddivision Argentian team like I did when I first started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

I got UBER gubbed by coral, not even allowed to bet a penny!

ReputationRep:
    wow. that's a real gubbing!! Coral are one of the best too (sorry to rub it in...)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowe973)
    wow. that's a real gubbing!! Coral are one of the best too (sorry to rub it in...)
    That's alright, got plenty more where that came from.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, definitely.. some of the smaller bookies like 10bet, 188bet have had some great offers recently. upping their game.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.