Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've looked at the 360 images of all the accommodation. Can i just say I'm very impressed that they offer such a thing. Most unis have pictures showing a part of a room making it look bigger than it actually is etc.
    Does anyone know which ones are best? The lee house and halls look the most up to date. I'm not sure how i'd feel sharing a hall with 12-14 people though (this is the lee house halls)... so im edging towards picking lee houses.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James385)
    I've looked at the 360 images of all the accommodation. Can i just say I'm very impressed that they offer such a thing. Most unis have pictures showing a part of a room making it look bigger than it actually is etc.
    Does anyone know which ones are best? The lee house and halls look the most up to date. I'm not sure how i'd feel sharing a hall with 12-14 people though (this is the lee house halls)... so im edging towards picking lee houses.
    Hey James,

Glad you like our 360 pictures of the rooms
    Everyone has a different taste when it comes to University accommodation and which one is best - when I came to Staffordshire (a few too many years ago) I preferred Clarice Cliff (En-suite), but while I was studying I stayed and visited all the different types of accommodation.

Leek Road halls are brilliant at making friends straight away - with 12-14 people on the same floor as you there's almost always someone around to talk to and chill out with. They have brilliant kitchens with TV and sofas to relax after a long day. Don't be too afraid with having so many people on a floor, everyone will be in and out of University at different times so there's rarely an issue with bathrooms and using the kitchen.
    Leek Road houses with slightly less people it feels more like a home, again they have a brilliant kitchen and relaxing area with sofas in the kitchen/living room and you're likely to make a really close group of friends.
    - Both of these are close to your classes on campus.
    Clarice Cliff's advantage is that you have your own shower and toilet, you still share a kitchen with 4 - 6 people. They are nice and homely especially when you get your pictures and things on the walls. The only other thing is that it is slightly further to walk to get to - although you stay on campus.

Hopefully this help

Kris

ReputationRep:
    halls at staffs is great, but here is an alternative, although I'd go back halls for the atmosphere if I could.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4860216

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.