Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

That shy guy could be crushing on me or is it in my mind? Watch

So I am at University and we study the same course, I've got him in all my classes except for one. Ive known him since November 2016. So he seems to be really nice, warm, but shy. He isn't a type of guy who would flirt with girls. We both noticed each other since November.

Here are the signs I got from him ( and now its changed a bit):
    - He is always around his mates ( guy friends) and talks normally with them.
    -He generally wouldn't get into a proper conversation with a girl, even with me.
    -I always feel his eyes glancing in my direction whenever we are in groups.
    -In class, he would always find a spot where he can get a view of me.
    -I feel like he steals looks at me when I am not looking.
    -Only once he gazed at me but I am shy too, so I looked straight in front of me.
    -He once offered me a chocolate in class ( he said he had spare chocolates and if i wanted one )
    - He adopts a soft voice when talking to me, and he is hesitant.
    -He would always walk closely behind me before getting to class.
    - I would complain about climbing the stairs and he would agree with me.
    - He would once ask my friend if she did the homework, and then wouldn't really stare at me and ask "how about you?" and when i said i didn't, his attitude changed and he said: "why are you coming to that class then?" ( coz that class was always useless anyways) :P
    - once the tutor told him he was a genius and everyone smiled at him. He blushed and got flustered and looked for my reaction first.
    - He once stood close to me before lectures, but wouldn't initiate conversation.
    -he only sat next to me once because we had to do a group work, and he only said "hi". He wouldn't talk to me, except about the work. I would ask for his name and so did he, thats all.
    - He also once asked me if I needed help with my card that wasn't working, I refused and laughed when it finally worked, he smiled showing his teeth.
    - he sometimes stands opposite of me, his feet pointing towards me, and stares at me a bit.
    - I think I once overheard his friend say "why don't you talk to her?" and he replied:"i can't talk to her."

Now, I still see him looking at me sometimes, but he can't ever talk to me?
    Is he not interested in me? or maybe he never was interested in the first place? I am all confused, as I am falling for him.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like hi is lol

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you're the shy one here. I think he might not be so shy as you make out. PS he thinks your awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him yourself

ReputationRep:
    You'll never find out standing over here - get him alone and ask if he'd like a coffee sometime. Simples.

Another match helped out. Day not wasted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    -He once offered me a chocolate in class ( he said he had spare chocolates and if i wanted one )
    - he smiled showing his teeth.
    :rofl::rofl: I used to do that with girls I fancied in school.

But ye that second line confirms he wants your V.

Showing teeth can be a sign of aggression in primates though so be careful.

Spoiler:
    Show

being serious though you should message him on facebook, seems like he's too shy to talk to you. You can start a convo with him on facebook and then say hi when you next see him in lectures and sit next to him and go from there. Should take the intiative since he's never going to do it.

(Original post by BrainyBengali)
    You'll never find out standing over here - get him alone and ask if he'd like a coffee sometime. Simples.

Another match helped out. Day not wasted
    Thanks ill take some courage and do it .

ReputationRep:
    So he seems to be really nice, warm, but shy. He isn't a type of guy who would flirt with girls. We both noticed each other since November.

- once the tutor told him he was a genius and everyone smiled at him. He blushed and got flustered and looked for my reaction first.
    - I think I once overheard his friend say "why don't you talk to her?" and he replied:"i can't talk to her."
    So a lot of these are arguably not signs of attraction, just general human behaviour. Like getting a spot in class where he can always get a view of you: are there many places where he wouldn't be able to? Does where he sit happen to also help with where the teacher/lecturer is? And complaining about everyday things and handing out food, again pretty commonplace. Shows they are friendly though. If you are in class, expect the conversation topic to be about class - heck, it helps. Again, with the feet, people use them to balance and move. Sometimes to tap out a tune too. Not solid signs of attraction.

But other things like looking to see your reaction first is sweet (assuming he wasn't looking elsewhere).

However, he could just be a shy guy like you said. If he is interested outside of class to get to know you, that would be a more reliable sign of him liking you. You clearly like him so why not just chat outside of class, or if you need a hand with some of the work, offer to study together. Just ask to meet and see where it goes.

ReputationRep:
    You're list is very very long. Did you notice that? You spent a lot of time viewing this guy. Do you fancy him?

Thanks for ur advice, Ill definitely try these..
    I am friends with him on insta but we only DMed once about our course stuff and thats about it pretty much..
    Once I get back to second year at uni, ill do these things...

And I also noticed that sometimes he goes out of his way to try and start up a convo with me, or I see him at the same places tat I usually go to: for example, the supermarket...
    And he usually never likes girls pics on insta, but once liked my pic.. ( I know it might not mean anything at all, but being a type of guy like him, it could mean something )..

ReputationRep:
    So I am at University and we study the same course, I've got him in all my classes except for one. Ive known him since November 2016. So he seems to be really nice, warm, but shy. He isn't a type of guy who would flirt with girls. We both noticed each other since November.

-He generally wouldn't get into a proper conversation with a girl, even with me.
    -Only once he gazed at me but I am shy too, so I looked straight in front of me.
    - He would once ask my friend if she did the homework, and then wouldn't really stare at me and ask "how about you?" and when i said i didn't, his attitude changed and he said: "why are you coming to that class then?" ( coz that class was always useless anyways) :P
    - He once stood close to me before lectures, but wouldn't initiate conversation.
    -he only sat next to me once because we had to do a group work, and he only said "hi". He wouldn't talk to me, except about the work. I would ask for his name and so did he, thats all.
    - He also once asked me if I needed help with my card that wasn't working, I refused and laughed when it finally worked, he smiled showing his teeth.
    - he sometimes stands opposite of me, his feet pointing towards me, and stares at me a bit.

Is he not interested in me? or maybe he never was interested in the first place? I am all confused, as I am falling for him.
    He sounds so cute 😊
    I think he might like you.

ReputationRep:
    are you non-deformed/obese? he's probably in to you. Men have low standards

(Original post by incelscum)
    are you non-deformed/obese? he's probably in to you. Men have low standards
    I am moreover skinny, not weird in any way ( not anorexic or something )

ReputationRep:
    So I am at and we study the same course, I've got him in all my classes except for one. Ive known him since November 2016. So he seems to be really nice, warm, but shy. He isn't a type of guy who would flirt with girls. We both noticed each other since November.

all these body language signs... point towards him liking you... it sounds good especially since he is shy you need to focus on his body language coz those are major signs... the feet pointing to u sounds rlly positive...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.