The Student Room Group

Advice For My Brother

I`m currently really worried about my brother and was just wondering if anyone had any advice for how to help him. He`s 26 and since leaving Uni a few years ago (think he got a foundational degree in media) he`s really struggled in terms of jobs. He worked at a care home for about 2 years ish but left as he hated that and since then he`s been a cleaner at a local hospital. He`s honestly the nicest and most hard-working person I know but in general I think he often struggled academically but I just hate seeing him so depressed as he utterly hates his job. I don`t want to put down his jobs at all as I believe every job is important in the world but I kind of feel as if he could be doing better and he certainly deserves better but he`s sort of given up with everything. I understand that the jobs he`s currently in are a bit of a dead end in terms of a career, correct me if I`m wrong, just what I`ve heard. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of a possible career path he could choose to sort of get his life back on track as I hate seeing him like this.
Maybe have a look at your local college and see if he could learn a trade like pluming? There are opportunities to start your own business with a trade if he wants to go further with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Potato456
Maybe have a look at your local college and see if he could learn a trade like pluming? There are opportunities to start your own business with a trade if he wants to go further with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think that`s probably the best idea, we were having plasterers over to do a room at my house a while ago and he was about 28/29 ish and he said he`d turned his life around doing that after working years at McDonalds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending