Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Happy and Energetic! :yep:

I'm disappointed. I was cooking for my family but my mum kept interfering during the preparation and saying why don't I do this or do that, blah blah, I was getting very annoyed because I cook this dish all the time at uni and my mum's never done it before. She was hassling me to put the veg in with the sausages and I told her NO that's not how I do but, but she kept on and on so in the end I just lobbed it all in together to shut her up, causing the fire alarm to go off and my veg is all burnt.
      How very disappointing. Ruined.:cry2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      I'm disappointed. I was cooking for my family but my mum kept interfering during the preparation and saying why don't I do this or do that, blah blah, I was getting very annoyed because I cook this dish all the time at uni and my mum's never done it before. She was hassling me to put the veg in with the sausages and I told her NO that's not how I do but, but she kept on and on so in the end I just lobbed it all in together to shut her up, causing the fire alarm to go off and my veg is all burnt.
      How very disappointing. Ruined.:cry2:
      I have this problem every time I cook, smh. I put less oil in my food, mother comes in and just dumps a whole loads of that oily slick in. Me looks at her and says gee thanks for your input.
      Tough stuff, the outcome being, when I cook there's bound to be more oil

Next time--- keep intefering bodies busy, out of the kitchen

ReputationRep:
      I genuinely don't think I've felt this confident ever before, I'm dressing exactly how I want to, making art that I care about and am proud of, pursuing friendships that make me happy, and just ignoring whether or not anyone approves/disapproves. I don't even count likes on my Instagram posts anymore, I just post what I want to post. I'm finally getting my septum pierced tomorrow and I'm so excited (!!!)

It's so liberating. The only thing left is to come out to my parents.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by starfab)
      Okay you've just explained it really well. I feel like doing a copypasta, so next time someone asks, can just paste it and save off the bother trying to explain :lol:

Ah you are the extreme sports guy!

Seen any ghosts yet idk i quite like the idea of somewhere quiet except I like busy too. Idk what i like i guess

Learning to drive, I detest my lessons. Just want to get them over and done with. Doesn't help having an instructor like mine.

Welcome :hugs: hope things look up for you soon.
      Haha feel free to copypasta and yes I am that guy havent seen any ghosts but there may as well be some, would brighten up the place no lie :lol: I think you just like a place that isnt boring and isnt monotone, a varied large city with parks/green spaces is my dream place tbh

awww that sucks, have you thought about swapping instructors?

my instructor is great lol we talk a ton too about random stuff during the lessons. Im doing a kind of intensive course tho with total 30hrs over 2 weeks and taking my test this Thurs which is just..arrghhhh! dont get me wrong I think Ill be fine but I cant practice at all since my dad drives an auto not manual so oh well hopefully i'll pass lmao

and thanks Im feeling better today anyway..I think.

I have this problem every time I cook, smh. I put less oil in my food, mother comes in and just dumps a whole loads of that oily slick in. Me looks at her and says gee thanks for your input.
        Tough stuff, the outcome being, when I cook there's bound to be more oil

Next time--- keep intefering bodies busy, out of the kitchen
        I've told her she's banned from the kitchen next time. Luckily the food turned out nice, despite the charred veggies. She even tried to boss me around with the gravy ("don't you want it thicker than that?????")

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ForestShadow)
        Haha feel free to copypasta and yes I am that guy havent seen any ghosts but there may as well be some, would brighten up the place no lie :lol: I think you just like a place that isnt boring and isnt monotone, a varied large city with parks/green spaces is my dream place tbh

awww that sucks, have you thought about swapping instructors?

my instructor is great lol we talk a ton too about random stuff during the lessons. Im doing a kind of intensive course tho with total 30hrs over 2 weeks and taking my test this Thurs which is just..arrghhhh! dont get me wrong I think Ill be fine but I cant practice at all since my dad drives an auto not manual so oh well hopefully i'll pass lmao

and thanks Im feeling better today anyway..I think.
        Then you can haunt the living daylights out of people

already changed instructors. At least this one is pushing me for a test, unlike the last one who would just take me for a drive. Besides, i'm nearing my budget now so really need to pass the first test
        Can't practice on fathers car either. Shame shame

Wow. Good luck

Haha at that 'i think'. Nah don't ovee think it. Feeling better is good :yep: good to hear

I've told her she's banned from the kitchen next time. Luckily the food turned out nice, despite the charred veggies. She even tried to boss me around with the gravy ("don't you want it thicker than that?????")
        :rofl: i do that too. Actually, i get my mother to go out of the house as she can't resist otherwise. She's itching to come in the kitchen.
        Lmao well I'm glad it's not only my own mother then. You should take pictures of the food you make when at uni, then show her 'look, this is what the food turns out like qhen i cook alone' :lol:

ReputationRep:
        Not so good. Feel empty inside and feel unwanted. I tell others to try, be strong and that it'll be okay but I can't take this advice upon myself. I feel better knowing I've made a slight difference to someone's day in a positive way. I feel like no one can hear me.

I'm screaming but no one can hear a word i say. I'm gasping for air but it's like I'm not even there. I try to myself it's one of those days but it's not and I need to accept it. I feel tired of life and people. Tired of their expectations, tired of having to explain myself and tired of people hurting me. I'm tired of arguements, tired of negativity and I'm just tired. Trying to stay positive but even when I am having a good day, I will overthink and tell myself that something will go wrong in any minute and it does just that.

I'm still there's for anyone because I care about you!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by emerald7770)
        Not so good. Feel empty inside and feel unwanted. I tell others to try, be strong and that it'll be okay but I can't take this advice upon myself. I feel better knowing I've made a slight difference to someone's day in a positive way. I feel like no one can hear me.

I'm screaming but no one can hear a word i say. I'm gasping for air but it's like I'm not even there. I try to myself it's one of those days but it's not and I need to accept it. I feel tired of life and people. Tired of their expectations, tired of having to explain myself and tired of people hurting me. I'm tired of arguements, tired of negativity and I'm just tired. Trying to stay positive but even when I am having a good day, I will overthink and tell myself that something will go wrong in any minute and it does just that.

And we are all still here for you too

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
        And we are all still here for you too
        Thanks, man. Appreciate it
        • Welcome Squad

exhausted. think i wear myself out worrying about things

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by emerald7770)

:hugs: you've made me smile on tsr

------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know why I'm ever so sad suddenly, for no reason. Just feel like I'm breaking inside, for an unknown reason. Actually wish I had something bad happen so at least I'd have a reason to feel this way
        :'(
        What do I say when someone asks why I'm crying? I just am. I JUST AM.
        I'm feeling so ungrateful, selfish, petty, stupid, dumb, ugly.... idek rn. I know I said I'm not concentrating on my feelings, but this is overwhelming me.
        And the funny thing is, I know I'm not ungrateful, selfish. . . And everything i listed.

Maybe I just need to cry it out and get some sleep

ReputationRep:
        :hugs: you've made me smile on tsr

------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know why I'm ever so sad suddenly, for no reason. Just feel like I'm breaking inside, for an unknown reason. Actually wish I had something bad happen so at least I'd have a reason to feel this way
        :'(
        What do I say when someone asks why I'm crying? I just am. I JUST AM.
        I'm feeling so ungrateful, selfish, petty, stupid, dumb, ugly.... idek rn. I know I said I'm not concentrating on my feelings, but this is overwhelming me.
        And the funny thing is, I know I'm not ungrateful, selfish. . . And everything i listed.

Maybe I just need to cry it out and get some sleep
        Glad I did

Who's gained an extra inch on their boobs then:smug:

ReputationRep:
          Who's gained an extra inch on their boobs then:smug:
          Through the power of magic? :lol:

ReputationRep:
          And suddenly feel okay. Seems like typing that helped

(Original post by Friar Chris)
            Through the power of magic? :lol:
            No, by stuffing my face with all sorts of delicious and evil foods.

ReputationRep:
            No, by stuffing my face with all sorts of delicious and evil foods.
            Haha 'gains' :rofl:

(Original post by Friar Chris)
              Haha 'gains' :rofl:
              Gains in the right places:smug:

ReputationRep:
              Gains in the right places:smug:
              Fat is gained all over. It's inescapable :afraid:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
            Useful resources
            AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.