Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    a little nervous, driving test and all but I should be fine....
    Good luck! Hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BintM)
    Good luck! Hope it goes well
    thanks Ill need all the luck I can get lmao , dont want a random cyclist just cutting me off or like 10 cars suddenly rushing into my street when I do the manoeuvres :lol: have you taken the test?

So apparently practically everywhere in Harrogate is booked up on the 20th, with the exception of a few expensive rooms that I just can't afford. :cry: Whhhhhhhhhyyyy:cry:

EDIT. Wait. Is the price given for a room for BOTH people, or per person? I assumed per person but if you divide by 2 then they're not so bad...

ReputationRep:
      thanks Ill need all the luck I can get lmao , dont want a random cyclist just cutting me off or like 10 cars suddenly rushing into my street when I do the manoeuvres :lol: have you taken the test?
      I'm sure you'll be fine! Nope, i haven't even started my lessons, probably will start them in the summer. Thinking of doing one of them crash courses not sure though :dontknow:
      What time is your test?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BintM)
      I'm sure you'll be fine! Nope, i haven't even started my lessons, probably will start them in the summer. Thinking of doing one of them crash courses not sure though :dontknow:
      What time is your test?
      test is at 2:30pm but going to test centre now to warm up!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
      I just can't win.
      Let's say I absolutely smash this year. 90% in second year uni or something awesome like that. Will it give me a realistic chance of forging a good career? No. Will it bring me any closer to forging meaningful relationships, romantic or otherwise? Nah. How long will it make me happy for? Well, maybe a day.
      Let's say I do okay. Then I am not special, and just for that I feel terrible. And I still have all those problems, and amplified.
      Let's say I do badly. I have no reason to live, with no skills beyond my academics.

So obviously smashing it is the best case scenario, but when your best case scenario is still so dreary, why are you trying for anything? I guess it's just natural. Any living creature would do the same, go for the best it could get. But I might as well drop dead now for all the good doing well this year will do me in the long run.
      I feel very similar to this, you know. Although I don't even dream of getting 90% because I know I have no chance of that.

Honestly, if you did get 90% in second year surely it would help you in the long run?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by moment of truth)
      I feel very similar to this, you know. Although I don't even dream of getting 90% because I know I have no chance of that.

Honestly, if you did get 90% in second year surely it would help you in the long run?
      Well I don't either really but it is a hyperbolic example. Of course it would, but my point is that its effect would be small and it's far less important than other factors which I seem unable to alter.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CoolCavy)
      My head just never stops hurting recently :/ i can feel my heartbeat pulsating in my head all the time and it hurts and my face goes really hot like rn my cheeks are glowing and i feel ill

Thank you CF :hugs: x
      hey, I feel like that a lot, for me it's just exhaustion I think, maybe you need to take a break? obviously everyone is different though! hope you feel better soon <3

ReputationRep:
      So I have a nature valley crunchy nut bar type :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: and i've left it on my desk half eaten for 2 days, I'm quite hungry so should I eat it
      • Welcome Squad

(Original post by nverjvlev)
      hey, I feel like that a lot, for me it's just exhaustion I think, maybe you need to take a break? obviously everyone is different though! hope you feel better soon <3
      hello :hugs: and i think you were right, my headache has subsidised a little my throat is still swollen but i would sooner that
      and ty :cube: nice too see you again :yes:

ReputationRep:
      Knackered but also pleased about getting my first car
      • Welcome Squad

oh wow thats a story and a half :lol: Ive done very minimal hours tho and my fam dont own a manual car so the 30hrs with my instructor is all Ive had, he says Im realistically ambitious for this test :rofl: Ive only done 12 hrs in the test town dorchester too which are all figures below average but Im generally alert and good at driving I think, overconfidence at roundabouts does happen
      how did it go?
      • Welcome Squad

everything is so stressful

ReputationRep:
      Like there's some conspiracy

- Working in the south east
      - Get offers in the south east regarding jobs whilst still working
      - Got fired, and no job offers despite my LinkedIn basically not being updated and still saying I worked at my previous company
      - Six months and no job
      - Get a job up north, after actively applying to jobs.
      - Almost immediately, I get approached on LinkedIn, not by recruiters but... companies themselves

It's just a massive conspiracy . You're approached when you don't want em to, and... nothing at all when you actually want em to.

ReputationRep:
      What's up Cavy?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cupcakes87)
      how did it go?
      I actually passed with 5 minors in the end so Im over the freakin moon :moon: , only did 36hrs lessons and no practice outside of lessons!

awww hope ite gets better :hugs:

and thanks for the vm it was no problem, did you identify what illness you had in the end or was it over quickly ??

ReputationRep:
      idk why but i just feel very dead and empty today.
      • Welcome Squad

(Original post by The_Internet)
      What's up Cavy?
      just feel really stressed trying to revise and do coursework for a levels but also trying to wrangle all these forms for student finance and then i got this email about accommodation so now im stressing about that as well

I actually passed with 5 minors in the end so Im over the freakin moon :moon: , only did 36hrs lessons and no practice outside of lessons!

awww hope ite gets better :hugs:

and thanks for the vm it was no problem, did you identify what illness you had in the end or was it over quickly ??
      Well done for your driving test :woo:
      and ty :hugs: and no :/ idk what it is, still having headaches and dizzyness and my throat is swollen so maybe it s a virsus idk dont have a temperature tho so that's something :hugs:

ReputationRep:
      just feel really stressed trying to revise and do coursework for a levels but also trying to wrangle all these forms for student finance and then i got this email about accommodation so now im stressing about that as well
      I havent revised barely at all this easter and havent done finance or accom either, my advice is to take them 1 at a time. Do 1 thing first and isolate the other tasks so you wont be overwhelmed, try to shut off other areas of your brain whilst you work hard and concentrate on one thing :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Well done for your driving test :woo:
      and ty :hugs: and no :/ idk what it is, still having headaches and dizzyness and my throat is swollen so maybe it s a virsus idk dont have a temperature tho so that's something :hugs:

Ahhhh I see. Student finance may actually seem super important (and it is), but to give credit to them, they backdate all payments. Your main worry, sholdn't be the student finance but more so your A levels tbh. I can understand why accommodation might be an issue, but so long as you reach them before the deadline, it shouldn't be an issue. It's only when you get to them...after the deadline where you're forced in to the private sector. I hope this helped any how

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.